DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Stirling, Scotland

ScotPeter

Reactions
Hello everyone, starting out a bit late maybe, at 75, on this hobby. Reactions gone, back gone, knees gone, eyes going:cool:
Sounds like a recipe for disaster with my new Mini2 and I expect to need a fair bit of help from you all to keep me out of trouble! From what I have seen, it seems a good place for that, look forward to meeting some of you.

You're most definitely in the right place. You're among a lot of similarly aged peers. This forum is a wealth of information, experience, and fun. With only the occasional outburst from a crotchety old man. Or a crotchety young man. The ladies here are almost uniformly polite.

I'll toss out one bit of wisdom with respect to age-related infirmities. The Cine setting is your friend.

Ask questions, share your experiences, and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum
can relate to your post ,but that is where flying a drone ,gives you the ability to view places that are not so easy to get to anymore
the drone does all the work, and you can be in one place ,and see the surroundings from a whole new viewpoint,enjoy your new hobby

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

You're most definitely in the right place. You're among a lot of similarly aged peers. This forum is a wealth of information, experience, and fun. With only the occasional outburst from a crotchety old man. Or a crotchety young man. The ladies here are almost uniformly polite.

I'll toss out one bit of wisdom with respect to age-related infirmities. The Cine setting is your friend.

Ask questions, share your experiences, and enjoy.
Thank you

welcome to the forum
can relate to your post ,but that is where flying a drone ,gives you the ability to view places that are not so easy to get to anymore
the drone does all the work, and you can be in one place ,and see the surroundings from a whole new viewpoint,enjoy your new hobby
Thank you and you make a very good point about letting the drone do the work!

Well, only 75. How sweet. Welcome to the group from Dorset. Last year my wife enjoyed the Smith Art Gallery and Collection in Stirling. I have a Mini1 and my wife and I sold our microlight last year (I’m 82) as it wasn’t getting enough use. As others have said, this is the perfect hobby for getting fabulous views, technically challenging and no need to run anywhere. The Mini is a great piece of kit.

Advice? You’ll get lovely photographs and video but try and curb your desire to put your aircraft in risky conditions until you have spent time to really learn how to fly it. I’ve crashed thee times and twice with the Mini which was replaced on the DJI Insurance scheme on both occasions. Always my fault and a good learning curve even if unwelcome. But then I’m old and crotchety; not young like you.

Very best of luck,

Mike

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memet