DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Stockholm, Sweden

jarborra

Reactions
Hey

Long time lurker, first time pilot and poster! After *ALMOST* buying the DJI Spark, I took delivery of my DJI Mavic Air last month as it had the three things I lacked in the Spark: 3-axis gimbal, 4K video and rear sensors. The extra flying time is nice too...

After flying around in my garden for a while, I've just come back from two weeks on the Swedish west coast where I eventually was brave enough to fly it out over the open sea and got some spectacular shots.

View media item 2023
Like others, I have issue with the speed of the horizontal yaw so I'll need to learn to adjust that in the settings. I also need to learn more about how the shutter speed affects image quality etc. and as I'll be shooting over open water, I'm probably gonna want some ND-filters.

I had a scary/fun near-miss with some seagulls bent on proving air superiority over the Mavic! :) Could've ended badly for both the seagull and the Mavic!

Finally, I'm pretty impressed with the locally-cached 1080p video quality in the iPhone (at least for quick Instagram posts) even though the DJI Go 4 editing app leaves a lot to be desired.

We're about to go on a 4-week vacation in California (LA, San Diego, SF, Highway 1) with side-quests to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite, so I'm hoping to get some fantastic drone footage. What are the drone regulations like in CA?

Hey

Long time lurker, first time pilot and poster! After *ALMOST* buying the DJI Spark, I took delivery of my DJI Mavic Air last month as it had the three things I lacked in the Spark: 3-axis gimbal, 4K video and rear sensors. The extra flying time is nice too...

After flying around in my garden for a while, I've just come back from two weeks on the Swedish west coast where I eventually was brave enough to fly it out over the open sea and got some spectacular shots.

View media item 2023
Like others, I have issue with the speed of the horizontal yaw so I'll need to learn to adjust that in the settings. I also need to learn more about how the shutter speed affects image quality etc. and as I'll be shooting over open water, I'm probably gonna want some ND-filters.

I had a scary/fun near-miss with some seagulls bent on proving air superiority over the Mavic! :) Could've ended badly for both the seagull and the Mavic!

Finally, I'm pretty impressed with the locally-cached 1080p video quality in the iPhone (at least for quick Instagram posts) even though the DJI Go 4 editing app leaves a lot to be desired.

We're about to go on a 4-week vacation in California (LA, San Diego, SF, Highway 1) with side-quests to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite, so I'm hoping to get some fantastic drone footage. What are the drone regulations like in CA?
Howdy from Wyoming @jarborra , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: jarborra
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Reactions: jarborra
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Beautiful videos! Enjoy that new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Awesome footage, thanks for uploading.
Great scenery. I was in Stockholm and Arvidsjaur last January (‘17), and grabbed a ton of footage.

Hey

View media item 2023

Hi, I live in California and got a mavic air a few months ago. Lots of scenic views here in Southern California. One of the regulations for the USA is that national parks are off limits. :(

Why not? It's all good here? By the way, sorry about the football :D

Thanks - that 0-2 result stung a little but I've lived in London for 13 years and my daughter is born there so it's alright. No, not bringing the drone to Antibes is more about luggage space and the wife...

One of the regulations for the USA is that national parks are off limits. :(

Ah, thanks! We're visiting both Grand Canyon (North Rim) and Yosemite so I should leave the drone unfolded at those locations?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada