DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Austin, TX area

TexasRancher

Reactions
Hi all,

I thought I had signed up here, evidently not, so.. howdy!

I just got my first drone like...2 days ago... heh. I have been toying with the idea of getting one for a really long time. I tend to "sell something to buy something" so I broke down and sold my night vision pig killin setup that I had not fired since I bought it in 2014.. (lol) and about 10 miles from the guy's house that bought it, while we were driving through San Antonio on the way to the ranch, called up a guy on the internet that was selling his and met him in a Sam's parking lot.. lol

I know, not the best way to do it, but it came with extra batteries, looked clean...Pelican case for the Mavic itself.

So, already having a fun time with it. Been reading the manual over and over, gleaning what I can from it, and also bought Litchi (the $22 version not the $27 one) and having a BLAST with that.

Once I figure out how to compress the video a tad, I'll start throwing those on youtube. Right now, I cut the ends off nd the one I made is still like 180mb.. way too large to be sharing.

Anyway, would love to see if there are any Mavic groups around Austin that get together and watch and learn.

I live SE of Austin, but work downtown, so am easy peasy.

Okay.. enough rambling.. see ya all around!

Russ

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to MavicPilots Russ! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome! I am from San Antonio, here are some groups around you, join them and introduce yourself! I’m also part of the Austin groups as i visit sometimes.

28920d1695df7bf0f0d632e247332ba1.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Sweet. You guys recommend any easy software to use to clip the MOV and save it to a file that is not too large to upload?

I got that ..hrm.. DaVinci and also VSDC, but have to get home to see how well it works. The DJI app on the iphone is cool and fast, but it picks what is in the mov and I would rather do that ;) also crashes a lot.. heh

(dying to start uploading the movies.. lol)

Russ

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
What computer platform do you use... MAc or Windows?
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171012/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.8.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

View attachment 26950

I am a Windows guy.

Russ

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi all,

I thought I had signed up here, evidently not, so.. howdy!

I just got my first drone like...2 days ago... heh. I have been toying with the idea of getting one for a really long time. I tend to "sell something to buy something" so I broke down and sold my night vision pig killin setup that I had not fired since I bought it in 2014.. (lol) and about 10 miles from the guy's house that bought it, while we were driving through San Antonio on the way to the ranch, called up a guy on the internet that was selling his and met him in a Sam's parking lot.. lol

I know, not the best way to do it, but it came with extra batteries, looked clean...Pelican case for the Mavic itself.

So, already having a fun time with it. Been reading the manual over and over, gleaning what I can from it, and also bought Litchi (the $22 version not the $27 one) and having a BLAST with that.

Once I figure out how to compress the video a tad, I'll start throwing those on youtube. Right now, I cut the ends off nd the one I made is still like 180mb.. way too large to be sharing.

Anyway, would love to see if there are any Mavic groups around Austin that get together and watch and learn.

I live SE of Austin, but work downtown, so am easy peasy.

Okay.. enough rambling.. see ya all around!

Russ
Howdy from Wyoming TexasRancher, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Working on videos atm.. heh.. a few I have are soooo slow as Litchi has a default speed and that was set to like 4mph, and even though I set the waypoints to like 15.. they all defaulted to 4mph. Great view.. loooooooong video.. lol

I uploaded my first video to youtube. It is not my first flight, I have had this since Friday afternoon, so about 4 days .. only a couple days of flying, so.. not a lot of videos yet.

Also, the gimble cover was left on the first day as there was possible rain, so the reflection of the rotors is there, but still a lot of fun.

One battery appears to be shot, nothing I can do about that, but plan to buy 3 more (one more arrives tomorrow in fact heh).

Anyways, using Sony Vegas now.. having fun. Expect to learn a lot once I get a chance to meet some local drone folks!

Thanks!:)

Russ

Oh, here is the link to the video:

(actually the 2nd one just uploaded.. so, here are two:)

This is my ranch:

This is the home:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde