DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the English Lake District

Grahamandterrill

Reactions
Good evening and hello from the English Lake District. I am what could be described as an oldie newbie. My first drone, a Mavic Mini, at 69.
I have wanted a drone for a long time for leisure photographic/video purposes but never got round to it as there was always something else taking priority. Bought a new Mavic Mini with the current regulations in mind but ended up taking the test when registering so probably could have widened my horizons. Maybe something for the future if my enjoyment levels remain as high as they are at present. Like most of us, just need lockdown to end now so I can get out there and hover over slightly better views than my back garden!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

My first drone, a Mavic Mini, at 69.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Mini:
  • The current Mavic Mini manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Mini downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Mini manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Good evening and hello from the English Lake District. I am what could be described as an oldie newbie. My first drone, a Mavic Mini, at 69.
I have wanted a drone for a long time for leisure photographic/video purposes but never got round to it as there was always something else taking priority. Bought a new Mavic Mini with the current regulations in mind but ended up taking the test when registering so probably could have widened my horizons. Maybe something for the future if my enjoyment levels remain as high as they are at present. Like most of us, just need lockdown to end now so I can get out there and hover over slightly better views than my back garden!!
Welcome --- still alive and kicking at 69 -- no worries -- I am myself 63 and feel I still have a long shot before I kick the bucket. If you are still breathing then you are good to fly ;)
You have one advantage over me, though; ~~~ You live in a nicer part of the world.
And if you already have photography / video skills then you are already half-way there.
So, enjoy your fantastic landscapes and environment ... and you can post your good works on this forum for the pleasure of all.
(by the way, even in lockdown -- you are allowed to take a stroll once a day - and, well, if by any chance you just happened to find a drone in your pocket, then why not use it -- it would be like walking the dog)

Welcome to the forum We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf