DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the Midwest (USA)

Greetings and Hello,
I am new to the forum and to DJI products in general. Today I received a DJI Mini 2. I have not flown the aircraft... yet. Charging batteries and going through the unboxing. I have flown other "drones", starting with a Syma X5c, and then an Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. The Syma was a toy drone and was adequate and served a purpose. It taught me the very very basics. I wanted more... enter the Altair Aerial Outlaw SE. Definitely a step up in quality, features, and capabilities. The idea of on-board video and increased range was a welcome upgrade. However, I was never happy with the video quality ie the jerkiness (fixed camera, no gimbals) and also the loss of signal to/from the drone. The loss of signal seemed to occur often and what I believed to be well within the advertised range. These shortcomings really kept me from flying consistently and developing the skills needed to be a proficient drone pilot.

Fast forward to the recent past. A friend purchased a drone similar to a Mini 2 (Roku something) and I was again hooked by the overall capabilities. The video was stable, the range excellent! I have always thought flying a DJI drone would be a treat and this past week, I ordered a Mini 2. I have watched countless videos and read a lot about DJI and the Mini 2. I am excited to fly, but more importantly to learn more and increase my skills as a drone pilot and in aerial photography. A very exciting hobby to resume or actually start over... and at the ripe old age of 51!

I appreciate this forum and know that I will learn more than I will ever be able to teach others and for that I am very thankful. I have high expectations for the Mini 2 and for myself. With patience, consistent flying time, dedication to the hobby, and this forum as a knowledge base, I hope I will be successful!
Scott
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan