DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Upstate NY (Capital Region), USA

FlyingHevy

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking since I signed up (scaring myself by reading about all the pilot errors in the flyway forum), but am glad I found the forum. I'm not yet an owner but it's mostly a question of "which one" at this point and I'm looking forward to becoming "official" when I do. I'm in upstate New York's Capital Region, have flown a bunch of lower end AC, and have been involved in drone related policy development (more on those kinds of things another day).

I have a quick question: is there a good space on the forum to ask for advice on what to buy from folks who have used the different AC? I don't see a forum that looks particularly suited to those kinds of questions, but jeez choosing is driving me 'round the twist!

Nice to meet ya'll.

Rob

Welcome from Syracuse NY dont let the forum overwhelm you it does that to alot of people it did it to me with all the info in one place theres alots of good people and smart people and info here.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

is there a good space on the forum to ask for advice on what to buy from folks who have used the different AC?
Try the General Discussions. Most people here fly DJI drones, so you might not get great feedback.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Try the General Discussions. Most people here fly DJI drones, so you might not get great feedback.
I'm only looking at DJI at this point. But there's so much out there to choose from, and so much at close price points when you have refurb and Mavic Pros in the mix, etc. I'm not a tech diva, I don't need the latest and greatest just to have it, so that always makes choosing harder. I'll start a thread in a little while with what I'm looking to do and what my "issues" are (at least the ones relating to drone choice ;)).

Howdy Neighbor. I am in Nisky and work in Schenectady. I’ve got a Tello, Mini, Spark, Mavic Air, and Parrot Anafi and have had other nonDJI drones. I will PM you with my contact info if you want to call me and we can talk through my experiences to help make a recommendation.

Be safe and have fun

Scott

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22