DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Vancouver Island.

gschentag

Reactions
To be more precise. Metchosin BC on Vancouver Island.

Got my Mavic back in Late February, just days after I broke my ankle/leg badly.
I learned quickly not to fly indoors in small space.

This drone has been great! I learned to pilot a drone in a local program out on by our fire dept.
I am now a Level 1 Drone pilot in Canada. (level 1 is the first level, level 4 is the top)
We were taught on a a drone called the Dauntless (SaltSpring Island company).
The Dauntless operated in stabilize mode only. It drifts about in any kind of breeze, and can not be flown in any real wind. We had to fly them in a Figure 8 as part of our flight test. It was a significant challenge when compared to the Mavic. I love my Mavic.

I am running 4.008 code. A week ago it suggested an update but I was on my way out and did not do it. Now when I click on check for updates, it does not recommend anything. ???

I'm glad the forum is here. It is interesting to read the stories of peoples issues and flight adventures.
Our flight rules in Canada have gotten quite restrictive.

Good luck all,

Glenn

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I am running 4.008 code. A week ago it suggested an update but I was on my way out and did not do it. Now when I click on check for updates, it does not recommend anything. ???
Are you referring to DJI GO or the Mavic firmware?

To be more precise. Metchosin BC on Vancouver Island.

Got my Mavic back in Late February, just days after I broke my ankle/leg badly.
I learned quickly not to fly indoors in small space.

This drone has been great! I learned to pilot a drone in a local program out on by our fire dept.
I am now a Level 1 Drone pilot in Canada. (level 1 is the first level, level 4 is the top)
We were taught on a a drone called the Dauntless (SaltSpring Island company).
The Dauntless operated in stabilize mode only. It drifts about in any kind of breeze, and can not be flown in any real wind. We had to fly them in a Figure 8 as part of our flight test. It was a significant challenge when compared to the Mavic. I love my Mavic.

I'm glad the forum is here. It is interesting to read the stories of peoples issues and flight adventures.
Our flight rules in Canada have gotten quite restrictive.

Good luck all,

Glenn
Howdy from Wyoming gschentag, welcome to the community; lots of great people and information here.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada