DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Vermont

Gratton

Reactions
New Mavic Mini owner here. I picked it up last night after playing with a Tello for a year. Looking forward to giving it a test drive.

I've been lurking here and see that this will be a great source of knowledge.

MikeG

Welcome to our forum, Gratton, from Hauptmann in Texas, USA.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (link below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to our forum, Gratton, from Hauptmann in Texas, USA.

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual (link below), and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

I did read the manual cover to cover before taking off. I upgraded from a $100 Tello and didn't want to watch this drone fly off into the sunset.

The MM may only be 249g but the Tello was under 100g so it seems much more solid than I'm used to although I can go so much farther with the MM.

I've tried to figure out Find My Drone but it doesn't work the way I thought. I looked at a couple of threads here about it, but from the arguments I've read, it seems like I'm not the only one confused about it. :) So far I've just flown it a couple hundred yards away, landed it, and hit "Find My Drone" and it pops up a line from me to my drone. One time I headed toward the drone and the map showed me walking away from it. Another time, it didn't show me moving at all. I'd like to get it figured out since I've lost the Tello a couple of times and it's been a pain to find. Once I crashed it into a tree and when I got to where I thought it was, I could see my feet via the camera but then it powered down and it still took me 20 minutes to find it in the tree.

New Mavic Mini owner here. I picked it up last night after playing with a Tello for a year. Looking forward to giving it a test drive.

I've been lurking here and see that this will be a great source of knowledge.

MikeG
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL