DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Vero Beach, Florida

I will follow your advice on all my upcoming quizzes.
As I wrote, I was not in any great rush to finish the course. What I did was set up a series of folders to save all the links in my browser (I use Google Chrome…) that Greg gave us in in the course. That included the quizzes, as you can see, I titled them also by the subject matter. This way, I could quickly find a quiz so I could keep the information fresh. I also reviewed completed lessons, I hate Fog and any Class E Airspace and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)…

I also used the Android App Flash Cards.

Just remember, you are not trying to memorize the questions… If you are answering the quizzes and Flash Cards before you have finished reading the question, you are memorizing the questions…

saved.jpg

Yes, there is a lot of stuff to study. I do keep all the lecture notes and audio reviews and listen to them at the end of each chapter. I also take my own notes.

I too have have the flash application for IOS.

I finishing up weather theory. And that's a bit to wrap your head around Pressure Altitude and Density Altitude. The quiz questions are somewhat confusing since some conditions have the opposite effect of what you think. Yesterday I struggled through the first weather quiz. I started the second quiz and failed a few question and restarted the quiz, once again I missed a few questions and stopped the quiz since I had studied all day and my mind was shot.

This morning I'm reviewing the lecture notes and think I have a pretty good handle of how pressure and temperatures affect flight. Still have to remember the names of all the clouds.

I do have a folder for the class, but not as neatly organized as you, but with my naming convention, I find things easily. I also have a text file with all the links in it. But I may separate them like you did by the different chapters. I also do screen shot (using Snipping Tool) of some topics, so I can easily access and not have to go through all the lecture notes to find a specific charts or diagrams.

Weather is a bit tricky. I hope I don't to many question on weather. I'm good with pretty much everything, but weather. I'm, really good with airspaces and charts. I hope most of my question are about those topics, oh and also regulations.

My mind at times gets over saturated trying to learn all this stuff in such a short time. Once I'm done, I will go back and listen to all the chapters a second time. I will probably do that before taking the prep exams.

I want to get his done and out of the way. I don't want to take any big breaks and come back to it. I may take a day off here and there, but that's about it.

I will finish Day 10 today. I'll probably take part of tomorrow off and go for a motorcycle ride and let my mind just relax for a while. A good ride along the ocean will do wonders :)

Well, back to studying before trying Quiz #2 of weather theory again.

It's a tough course, but really glad I'm doing it!

Last edited:
@LoudThunder, how much of the reference manuals did you use? So far I haven't used any and have only used the course lectures, lecture notes, my notes, the flash cards and audio recaps.

I really struggled with the final quiz on weather. Some of the answers are so similar. I finally did get a 94.44 after about the 3rd or 4th try.

So much foreign terminology for weather and so many different cloud names. I sure hope I don't get too many weather question.

But, I see light at the end of the tunnel. Getting closer to the end of the class :)

Reactions: LoudThunder
how much of the reference manuals did you use? So far I haven't used any and have only used the course lectures, lecture notes, my notes, the flash cards and audio recaps.
I have sent you a PM with my response...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne