DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Watkins Glen, NY

slozukimc

Reactions
Hey All,
My name is Mike and I am here today to get help with my drone addiction. Hahhaha. They sure are addicting. Started out with a cheapo Beast and quickly got the bug for a dji. Bought two mini 2’s second hand and that was the end for me so to speak. Now I have a Mini 2, a Phantom 2 vision +, a Phantom 2 with a gopro and fancy display and such and my babies, a M1P and an M1X all suited up with Phantomrain wetsuits and rescue jackets. I also have Googles RE for both Mavic Pros.
I have a lot to learn. About to go see how all of this wetsuit stuff works playing by the lake.

So who else is in the Fingerlakes area?

Mike

Hmmm. I thought I was introducing myself and posted in the right spot but I guess not. See. Lots to learn. Hahaha
I’ll fix it. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Thank you. I try to post in the right places but I am kinda gettin old so ya know…….
Brother your not old just a babe in the woods. 😀

Hello from the Crossroads of America slozukimc.

Nice to meet you Mike. 🤝

Now I have a Mini 2, a Phantom 2 vision +, a Phantom 2 with a gopro and fancy display and such and my babies, a M1P and an M1X all suited up with Phantomrain wetsuits and rescue jackets. I also have Googles RE for both Mavic Pros.

Hokey Smokes, that's a heck of a collection. ☺️

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Hey All,
My name is Mike and I am here today to get help with my drone addiction. Hahhaha. They sure are addicting. Started out with a cheapo Beast and quickly got the bug for a dji. Bought two mini 2’s second hand and that was the end for me so to speak. Now I have a Mini 2, a Phantom 2 vision +, a Phantom 2 with a gopro and fancy display and such and my babies, a M1P and an M1X all suited up with Phantomrain wetsuits and rescue jackets. I also have Googles RE for both Mavic Pros.
I have a lot to learn. About to go see how all of this wetsuit stuff works playing by the lake.

Mike
Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum, I still have my very cool Beast Max Pro although I haven't flown it in awhile. Sticking to my Mavic Air these days. Although not in the Fingerlakes area but I would love to travel up there one summer. Happy flying :)

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum, I still have my very cool Beast Max Pro although I haven't flown it in awhile. Sticking to my Mavic Air these days. Although not in the Fingerlakes area but I would love to travel up there one summer. Happy flying :)
The Beast is actually a pretty good drone. It is literally a beast. I crashed mine through a window and it got a couple scratches and it was off flying again. I still have it just in case someone wants a cheap drone or a friend shows interest in learning.

Thanks for the welcome, Mike

Welcome to the MavicPilots forum. Enjoy, and happy flying! (yeah, that is quite the collection you have 🤣) 👋🏾

Hey All,

Mike
Welcome from the mountains and waterfalls of Western NC.

You live in an awesome area, so hope to see lots of vids and pics.

Lots of old reliables, but some well past their prime. But if they work, they work! Plenty of posts / comments on "flying over water" - so search those for sure. Having the "wetsuits" hopefully will help should something go awry while over water.

Quite a bit if my flying is over water - mostly waterfalls, creeks, and rivers with my Air2. No wetsuit though. I like to keep the drone typically high enough over that should something wacky happen - it won't become a submarine.

Highly recommend learning how your drones fly in ATTI mode (no GPS lock), esp over water - it's quite the butt clinching experience first few times.

Again welcome and post those vids / pics.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31