DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

hi i have got mini 2 that decided to flyaway i lost control of it and i spend all day yesterday looking for it as it was in bush land

Ugh 🙁
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America OUTBACK.

Sorry to hear about your mini 2.

If you follow the instructions below, you may be able to retrieve the flight log from your device that may help determine what went wrong and where it's at.

If you post the link to the Crash & Flyaway Assistance section, there are some gurus here that can read the data to provide information about the flight.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Think I did.

yes i have got that it just shows me where i lost contact with the drone

i went to the spot and have a look around all day Sunday and i am going back today as i live in a cattle station in outback Australia and there is a (Mod Removed Language) load of trees that look the same i know it landed in a tree as i have a photo of it looking up the it

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Follow the instructions provided by the others. Hopefully you'll find your answers

i lost control just after take off i also pushed the return home button to no able
Exiting GPS mode: Unknown Error. Not Enough Force/ESC Error

i lost control just after take off i also pushed the return home button to no able
Exiting GPS mode: Unknown Error. Not Enough Force/ESC Error
If you post the recorded flight data, it might have enough information for someone to be able to give you a GPS location for where it crashed.
They could also find the explanation for the incident to help prevent similar things in future.

To get help, here's what you need to do:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

MY DRONE DATA
The main problem was a yaw error which started to take effect at about 10 seconds as the drone climbed away from the launch spot.
The drone picked up speed without any corresponding joystick input and took off, flying uncontrollably.

It's hard to make sense of some of the data because the sensors are reporting false data.
But it appears that GPS was working for the while flight, but the flight controller was using GPS sometimes and ignoring it at other times.

The last GPS location data indicates the drone ending up at -30.63649 146.85340.

i-sW6pNzN-X3.jpg

Red arrow indicates the end of the flight.

Yaw errors are picked up at power on when magnetic interference close to the drone deflects the compass, making it give false directional data.
The gyro sensor in the IMU, uses the false directional data for it's initial direction values.
When the drone climbs away from the magnetic interference, the compass returns to normal, but the gyro sensor can't and the conflicting direction data from the gyro and compass causes uncontrollable flight as you experienced.

The main problem was a yaw error which started to take effect at about 10 seconds as the drone climbed away from the launch spot.
The drone picked up speed without any corresponding joystick input and took off, flying uncontrollably.

It's hard to make sense of some of the data because the sensors are reporting false data.
But it appears that GPS was working for the while flight, but the flight controller was using GPS sometimes and ignoring it at other times.

The last GPS location data indicates the drone ending up at -30.63649 146.85340.

i-sW6pNzN-X3.jpg

Red arrow indicates the end of the flight.

Yaw errors are picked up at power on when magnetic interference close to the drone deflects the compass, making it give false directional data.
The gyro sensor in the IMU, uses the false directional data for it's initial direction values.
When the drone climbs away from the magnetic interference, the compass returns to normal, but the gyro sensor can't and the conflicting direction data from the gyro and compass causes uncontrollable flight as you experienced.
Thank you much for the info

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31