DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Cannot update firmware on Mavic Mini

flynsign

Reactions
Mavic Mini will not update, getting "server error, wait a moment and try again" - tried a few dozens times and keep getting that message and my current firmware is 01.00.0000 Any suggestions??

Yes, tried both. This is my 12th DJI drone but the first I was unable to update.

maybe the server is overwhelmed by all the new drones being updated or is down due to internet issues

• Haha
Reactions: Flytelandon
Does Assistant allow you to do a refresh of the existing firmware?

I downloaded the latest Assistant 2 - and Mavic Mini is in the compatibility list but does not even recognize my drone to do any sort of refresh (though my PC recognized the MM as a device).
Assistant 2 did recognize the controller so that's something I guess.

wifi to ac this morning very early and had no issue.
i did think it was odd that it seemed to be a mandatory update?

I was not even prompted to update even though I had the original firmware.

I downloaded the latest Assistant 2 - and Mavic Mini is in the compatibility list but does not even recognize my drone to do any sort of refresh (though my PC recognized the MM as a device).
Assistant 2 did recognize the controller so that's something I guess.
I download Assistant for Mavic yesterday on a Windows 10 PC, it didn’t recognise the drone initially, after rebooting it connected.

I have Windows 7, but rebooting didn't help, besides it did recognize the MM controller so I know it's not my PC that is the issue.

I have Windows 7, but rebooting didn't help, besides it did recognize the MM controller so I know it's not my PC that is the issue.
I have had a similar issue in the past. I used a different cable to the computer and it then worked. May be worth a try.

True, but I've tried no less than 8 cables, 3 of which are DJI.
I used the stock DJI cable, PC recognised the SD card when I powered the drone on after rebooting, Assistant for MM only has the flight simulator option and refresh firmware, is your Windows PC up to date? I also read that Windows defender can block DJI as a threat.

I used the stock DJI cable, PC recognised the SD card when I powered the drone on after rebooting, Assistant for MM only has the flight simulator option and refresh firmware, is your Windows PC up to date? I also read that Windows defender can block DJI as a threat.

Not sure about that - "flight simulator" was not an option in Assistant 2 - computer is not the issue as the MM controller was recognized and updated.

have you tried to do the update using wifi with the drone controller and the app all linked as if you were going to fly if not give it a go

According to a popup after upgrading Assistant and firing up:
Start Assistant.
Power on MM
Connect to PC within 20 seconds.

well it is indeed strange then my MM arrived yesterday the flymore combo i use a dedicated 9.7 inch i pad 6th gen wifi only for flying my MPP and the mount as you know fits in the MM controller and the go fly app works well on the i pad when i first got everything linked up the first thing it said on the screen was firmware update needed so i touched the screen where the box was and it proceeded to do the update took about 10 mins to do in total
did you get a similar message when you first linked it all i am in the UK where are you based

Reactions: Capt KO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka