DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Can't get Linked!

BigBrotherAI

Reactions
Hi everyone.

I just received the Mavic 2 Dual that I ordered. But I can't seem to get it properly linked to the controller. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone as my monitor. I have followed the procedure that they show in the DJI youtube tutorial. The LEDs on the rear legs blink yellow, I press all four buttons on the controller. The screen on the controller shows an RC signal and the LEDs turn green. But the messages on my monitor still says "disconnected", and I do not get a camera image on my monitor.

When I try to link using the Go 4 app, and go to Remote controller settings, I press Remote Controller Linking, and it gives me the message "Confirm Frequency Settings" with options "Cancel" or "Yes". I press yes, the message clears, but the screen still shows disconnected.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong? Thanks. Michael.

You can't use DJI Go 4 on the M2ED Dual. You have to use the Pilot App.

To download the Pilot app get it from the Google Play Store HERE
Or you can download it directly from DJI HERE

Strange, the DJI GO 4 app will always show disconnected as it isn't compatible.
The method below works fine on mine, make sure both the RC and AC are up-to-date. I'm at the office and don't have it with me so I'm not sure what the latest firmware versions are at the moment.

I just tried the DJI Pilot app again. At the opening screen it says "aircraft not connected". I went into Manual Flight window, and then to Remote Controller. I clicked "remote controller linking" at the bottom of the screen. This time is gave me the message, "Are you sure you want to link". when I click "yes." It tells me "link failed." What's up? Any help would be appreciated.

I have also bound it using the C1+C2+RECORD then tap the Camera Shutter button. This is the same method as used on the regular Mavic 2's. Just make sure you don't push them all at the same time, as mentioned above C1+C2+RECORD Simultaneously then hit the camera shutter. See this video starting at about 45 seconds in:

Thanks. The linking status indicator on the AC is solid green. I can even rotate the camera gimbal. But the monitor screen says it is disconnected?!

Thanks. The linking status indicator on the AC is solid green. I can even rotate the camera gimbal. But the monitor screen says it is disconnected?!
Sounds like the cable. Try using the data cable that came with your Galaxy using the RC center USP port and unplug any other cable from the side of the RC.

I did watch that video a couple of times. But I did not quite catch the hand motions. You are saying that you hold down the three, and then while holding them down, you tap the camera (4th) button?

The problem is, I think it is actually "partially" connected, but it won't acknowledge it. that does not seem to make sense.

BTW, Aerial-Pixel, thanks for taking time while you are at work, to think about my problem!

I did watch that video a couple of times. But I did not quite catch the hand motions. You are saying that you hold down the three, and then while holding them down, you tap the camera (4th) button?

The problem is, I think it is actually "partially" connected, but it won't acknowledge it. that does not seem to make sense.

BTW, Aerial-Pixel, thanks for taking time while you are at work, to think about my problem!
That is correct, watch the hand motions in the video.

Mossiback - Yes, that was one of the things I tried. Initially I used the short cable connector with the mini USB end that came in the box. Then I used the cord I use for charging the phone, which has a regular USB on one end and a mini on the other. That I plugged into the socket at the bottom middle of the controller. Both methods seem to get the same results. I can control the gimbal, and the linked light on the AC glows green, but the monitor say "disconnected" and I get no camera image on my screen.

... and you unplugged the short cable, right? I hate beating a dead horse, but the "Disconnected" message is what appears when you unplug from or turn off the RC. Check your Samsung port to make sure there is no lint or other obstruction in there preventing a complete connection.

Have you tried any other devices? The S5 isn't the most dependable.

Hi, I also have a tablet, an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. It shows the same result.

I thought it might be a cable problem but I have used 3 different cables, and two different devices. I am thinking now that there is a problem with the controller passing through the signal. As I said, the controller will tilt the gimbal and it shows what I believe to be a strong signal with the AC. There is a symbol that looks like the remote and 5 bars next to it are lit up. But the monitor say "disconnected" and will not show a camera image.
I am stumped. I would like to have someone who is more experienced try it out. maybe with a different controller, and see if they can diagnose it.

Once again, is there anyone in the Oakland, CA area? Thanks a lot for the feedback. M.

Hi Folks! I just wanted to announce SUCCESS!

Because I could control the Mavic from the Controller, but could not from the App on the phone, I thought there must be a communication problem somewhere along the line.

The Mavic had to be "activated" through the DJI app. I saw Ed Ricker's you tube video talking about activation, and wondered why mine had not shown an activation screen.

Both my Nvidia Tablet and Samsung S5 phone are Android driven. I went to an Android forum to look for people complaining about the USB connection. One person complained that the USB would not stay in MIDI status, but he had to change it each time. Then I realized that the USB could be configured! The normal configuration is "charge only".

However, the setting to change the configuration is not readily available. You have to put the phone/tablet in "developer mode" to get the configuration menu. You do that by going to "settings" >> "about device" >> ""build number" and tapping it 7 times! Like ruby red slippers!

Then when you go back to settings you can see the developer menu, which has configuration settings for the USB port. I changed the settingfrom "charge only" to "MIDI". This apparently turns the USB port from a one way charging port, into a full fledged communication port. Then when I plugged the phone in, the screen popped up for me to activate the drone. After I did that, I got a visual transmission from the drone onto my phone. I did the same process for my tablet. I will normally be using my tablet because it has an 8" screen, and so is substantially bigger than my phone at 5.5".

Thanks to all for your efforts in helping to solve this problem. I am sharing my experience here, in hopes that it will benefit someone else.

Michael.

Reactions: Mossiback and Bobvt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo