DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: Drowned Mavic Pro

Doesn't the Pause button, simply stop automated flight modes, not general stick flying???

Well that was exciting! Thanks for all the research and discussion. My drone is still at the bottom of the lake, but at least I'm not completely totally 100% at fault...99% at fault maybe.

Yep. You can't fly a DSLR into a volcano, a drone you can. Too high risk. Maybe that care thing from dji might be worth it. But don't know the rules with them. Don't know if it does water damage or lost altogether. Next step is probably saving a little to get another.
I wonder if I had a larger, pro drone, and attached a DSLR to it, and flew that into the volcano, would my DSLR be covered?

Well that was exciting! Thanks for all the research and discussion. My drone is still at the bottom of the lake, but at least I'm not completely totally 100% at fault...99% at fault maybe.

Although flying in sport mode that close to the water is inadvisable, and probably led to the emergency braking maneuver, that didn't directly cause the crash - it would have coped just fine with that if the FC hadn't stopped the motors. I would argue that this is pretty much 100% a firmware bug, or at least poor programming.

Reactions: cojobt
Although flying in sport mode that close to the water is inadvisable, and probably led to the emergency braking maneuver, that didn't directly cause the crash - it would have coped just fine with that if the FC hadn't stopped the motors. I would argue that this is pretty much 100% a firmware bug, or at least poor programming.
Thanks for the investigation and clarification (although I wasn't in sport mode). Obviously I should not have flown so close to the water though. She still swims with the fishes...and the legendary Dobhar-chú.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser