DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: Drowned Mavic Pro

And just found out my household insurance doesn't cover drones, even though I have Miscellaneous Personal Items cover, so my phone, cameras, laptop, and even music production gear are covered, but not drones, even though my drone lives beside my camera in the boot of the car most of the time, and is considered equally valid as 'personal effects' to my mind. Drones are obviously too high-risk and aren't covered at all.

Home contents cover MAY cover the drones etc from theft / loss other than flying (like a vehicle accident where it gets smashed up), under portable personal effects, taken away from / outside the home.
Certainly normal insurance for home contents will not cover any incident in flight.
It just pays to ask specifics like above when renewing policies.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I lowered the drone to 2 ft off above a concrete jetty first, then pushed the right stick forward fully sending it out over the lake at full speed. The surface of the lake was approx. half a foot below the starting point, which means the drone was flying at around 2.5 ft over the surface of the water, and the lake water was vary calm, so no waves.

After about 15 metres, I began to push the left up, and that's when I got the 'drone rolled over' alert, and must have let the sticks go. The drone literally did a back flip, with the front rotors rearing up and over the back rotors, so that the drone slid down on a vertical axis into the lake water.

I've added a video of its last flight/first swim on Vimeo, in case anyone is interested:

This looks like nothing more than magnetic interference caused by the Cement Pier and it jumped into atti mode , and being that you were low to the water you did not have time to adjust .

Despite all the reason why you can end up in the water , the #1 reason is magnetic interference from the very first take off point.
This is why its a good idea to hover a few minutes to see if your clean of magnetic interference ..

The breaking could also be from Magnetic Interference on take off from the Pier.

Phantomrain.org
approved vendor
Gear to fly in and out of the storm

Last edited:
This looks like nothing more than magnetic interference caused by the Cement Pier and it jumped into atti mode , and being that you were low to the water you did not have time to adjust .

Despite all the reason why you can end up in the water , the #1 reason is magnetic interference from the very first take off point.
This is why its a good idea to hover a few minutes to see if your clean of magnetic interference ..

Phantomrain.org
approved vendor
Gear to fly in and out of the storm

As was already established, this had nothing to do with magnetic interference and the aircraft wasn't in ATTI mode. In fact if it had been in ATTI mode this wouldn't have happened. Did you read the thread?

As was already established, this had nothing to do with magnetic interference and the aircraft wasn't in ATTI mode. In fact if it had been in ATTI mode this wouldn't have happened. Did you read the thread?

YEP: I read it, , saw it, pondered upon it, saw the hard breaking, searched my vast video library of trips over the water when the breaks were applied and came to the conclusion that it may have been Magnetic interference that caused the EMERGENCY BREAK to happen.

You thought it may have been a firmware issue and I believe that it is possible it was Magnetic Interference.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

Last edited:
YEP: I read it, , saw it, pondered upon it, saw the hard breaking, searched my vast video library of trips over the water when the breaks were applied and came to the conclusion that it may have been Magnetic interference that caused the EMERGENCY BREAK to happen.

You thought it may have been a firmware issue and I believe that it is possible it was Magnetic Interference.

Watch in this video as Magnetic Interference stops the Phantom 4 Pro cold from moving forward by putting on the breaks.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

I'm sorry, but you just have no clue what you are talking about. Firstly - it didn't switch to ATTI. Secondly, there was no magnetic interference. Here's the comparison of magnetic and IMU yaw:

So no - I don't "think" that there was no interference - the data conclusively show that there was no interference, irrespective of whatever your "vast library" might be telling you.

Sar104,
You're one of very few who indeed know what they are talking about when it comes to raw data. I see many on here pretend to know it all and give bad advice over and over again instead of gaining a little knowledge before they bang away on their keyboard. I would think it would be irritating to be wrong at every turn, yet they continue to do it. You are appreciated, take care.

Jeff

I'm sorry, but you just have no clue what you are talking about. Firstly - it didn't switch to ATTI. Secondly, there was no magnetic interference. Here's the comparison of magnetic and IMU yaw:

View attachment 70132

So no - I don't "think" that there was no interference - the data conclusively show that there was no interference, irrespective of whatever your "vast library" might be telling you.

This forum is viewed by the thousands, its not subjected to just 1 specific case Magnetic Interference is one of the ways this can happen, it not the only reason, .... its not the exact reason. The forum is designed to teach those that view it not PREACH.

SAR : Mentions at the end of his Data Log reveiw that he thought it might have been also something to do with the firmware and I thought could also be Magnetic Interference.

This forum is viewed by the thousands, its not subjected to just 1 specific case Magnetic Interference is one of the ways this can happen, it not the only reason, .... its not the exact reason. The forum is designed to teach those that view it not PREACH.

The issue is pertinent to this specific case though. You can look at the raw data posted. He merely offered advice and it was correct.

Jeff

Reactions: flip68 and Pietros

SAR : Mentions at the end of his Data Log reveiw that he thought it might have been also something to do with the firmware and I thought could also be Magnetic Interference.

Bold font doesn't help. This event had nothing to do with magnetic interference. It doesn't even have a hint of magnetic interference. There was no collusion magnetic interference. Magnetic interference has been exonerated. It's one thing to throw out suggestions in the absence of a clear explanation for an event, but to keep pushing something that has been ruled out by analysis of the data, for an event that has been explained, in detail, is pointless and unhelpful. And just to head it off at the pass, a rubber prophylactic wouldn't have prevented it either.

Reactions: flip68 and Jeffm912
The issue is pertinent to this specific case though. You can look at the raw data posted. He merely offered advice and it was correct.

Jeff

You are correct , but my information was also correct and it might not fit this case directly but possibly others that come and view the forum.
Im not here for the Victory Crown or to Preach , just to share some insight if not for this immediate case than the many others that will follow.

Im sure most everyone already knows Magnetic Interference can cause Breaking , and than again maybe not to what extent..

You are correct , but my information was also correct and it might not fit this case directly but possibly others that come and view the forum.
Im not here for the Victory Crown or to Preach , just to share some insight if not for this immediate case than the many others that will follow.

Im sure most everyone already knows Magnetic Interference can cause Breaking , and than again maybe not to what extent..

No - magnetic interference does not cause braking. It causes propulsion in the wrong direction.

Reactions: BD0G and Pietros
Bold font doesn't help. This event had nothing to do with magnetic interference. It doesn't even have a hint of magnetic interference. There was no collusion magnetic interference. Magnetic interference has been exonerated. It's one thing to throw out suggestions in the absence of a clear explanation for an event, but to keep pushing something that has been ruled out by analysis of the data, for an event that has been explained, in detail, is pointless and unhelpful. And just to head it off at the pass, a rubber prophylactic wouldn't have prevented it either.

If your angry with me brother, dont resort to SEXUAL ABUSIVE POSTS. I have reported this nonsense.

Your information was not correct in this instance. It is easier to say, "yep, I was wrong, no harm no foul, I'll try harder next time". Instead you'd rather argue a moot point saying you are also correct. Not buying a mavic coat anytime soon, you didn't lose any business on my account. Others may see it differently though. Take care.

Jeff

Reactions: flip68
If your angry with me brother, dont resort to SEXUAL ABUSIVE POSTS. I have reported this nonsense.

What on earth are you prattling on about now? I'm not angry with you - I'm just frustrated by the nonsense that you keep posting. It's an annoying waste of my time to keep refuting it.

Reactions: Pietros
Your information was not correct in this instance. It is easier to say, "yep, I was wrong, no harm no foul, I'll try harder next time". Instead you'd rather argue a moot point saying you are also correct. Not buying a mavic condom anytime soon, you didn't lose any business on my account. Others may see it differently though. Take care.

Jeff

Oh - so that was what he was referring to - a different usage in the US. That's actually rather funny.

Oh - so that was what he was referring to - a different usage in the US. That's actually rather funny.

I just cannot believe that my Post would get you so angry that you would resort to SEXUAL TALK , that is low and you got your Followers doing the same thing . My post might not have been clear and perfect to you but what you did is SHAME FULL .

SAR - My post in no way deserved any SEXAUL or Abusive comments , you get that .

I edited it to read coat so it is not deemed sexually abusive or being reported as such. I do not understand the I'm going to tell mentality of today. Constructive criticism never hurt anyone. I've been wrong 1000 times about things, never had a problem admitting it.

Jeff

Reactions: flip68 and Simmo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan