DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Forgot to press RECORD!

Hauptmann

Premium Pilot
Reactions
We shot an important video earlier this week, but forgot to press record. Any chance of the "footage" being in the Mavic's cache memory? If so, how can it be retrieved?

Its really one of those features tha DJI should incorporate really eh? I mean Litchi does it with the same SDK? Why cant Go4 do it, and we have the option to turn it off!!

Reactions: CamoGreg
If you turn "cache locally " option on in the app, it will record on your device what you're recording with the drone.
If you dont hit the record button, there will not be any cache recording anywhere...

If it were caching all flight lenght on your mobile device, I guess you'll not be able to cache record more than a few flights before device's memory comes full.

BTW, if it was goin this way, I think that the record button would be useless at all, because you'll only have to go watch your whole flight from the cached video and edit it from there...
And a micro SD slot in the drone would be useless as well...

I already did that mistake, thinking that I was shooting a great video...but didnt hit that record button before ....
Si I just cried about that missed shoot I'll never be able to shoot it anymore...
That's life, our brain can do mistakes! ;)

Yes, this is incredible...
The other day, I was shooting a very Nice travelling over a paraglider taking off just on top of a very big Cliff, with sunset.... I was telling myself "woaaah this video will be f..ing awesome!!".
I filmed all that scene, And then, hit the record button to stop recording... But at this moment, I realized that I just started filming...
I spent an hour telling me I was an idiot, and that I will never do this mistake again in my life...
...it happens again two dans ago... :( :(

After I made the same mistake, I now look at the counter under the record button to ensure that it is recording.

Reactions: bobj151
Mrreddog, I was doing the same but I noticed that if you check the box for precision landing and you start filming before it reach 6 meters, it will stop your recording to take a photo for the precision landing.

Reactions: rydfree
Mrreddog, I was doing the same but I noticed that if you check the box for precision landing and you start filming before it reach 6 meters, it will stop your recording to take a photo for the precision landing.
Really? I didnt know that??! Does it start recording again?

Well, Krap! It was a gorgeous morning near the waterfront in the SF Financial district, flying between the buildings, and over top of the short ones.

Oh well, we got some other good footage you probably wouldn't expect. I'll post the vid after we finish post-production.

Reactions: krobert291
Nope.
I think that's what happened because I was almost sure I pressed the record button but at the end of the flight I pressed the record button to stop the video but I saw it started recording.

And I had a video of the take off of a few second and that's it.
I'll have to test that out again but now I wait for the takeoff in the green bar in the top left corner on the cellphone to go away.

sorry to hear, been there.. try litchi auto record on takeoff for a failsafe

Actually, the precision landing image is captured using the bottom sensors, not the main FPV camera. There was some talk about how it works here on the forums when the Mavic was new. You can start recording before takeoff, and your video should record continuously, long after leaving the ground. The precision landing feature does not interfere with the FPV camera.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Simmo
I’m normally pretty good at pressing Record when I first take off, what normally catches me out is when I stop to take still photos. I tend to hold steady while taking a few bracketed shots, handy for HDR photos, but of course, it’s then too easy to forget to press Record again when you move off :(
Wish the software would let you take photos while still videoing, or could auto resume video recording.

Reactions: mfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu