DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! How do I use my DJI Care?

joshbaugh

Reactions
Hi, folks — I bought my Mavic Mini and DJI Care about six months ago. Since then, I've crashed a few times and replaced the blades once. I'm not quite sure what's going on with the drone now (as I'm a very occasional user), but it used to hover completely still. Yesterday, I was trying to get footage of what is apparently a watermelon-sized wasp nest at the top of one of our trees. The day was super calm, no discernible breeze, and the drone wouldn't hover in one spot. It was constantly going up or down.

A) Is this something that DJI Care would cover, and B) how do I start the process. I spent a good deal of time clicking around and was going in circles without ever identifying a portal or application or anything else that would allow me to begin a claim. Please help!

Hi, folks — I bought my Mavic Mini and DJI Care about six months ago. Since then, I've crashed a few times and replaced the blades once. I'm not quite sure what's going on with the drone now (as I'm a very occasional user), but it used to hover completely still. Yesterday, I was trying to get footage of what is apparently a watermelon-sized wasp nest at the top of one of our trees. The day was super calm, no discernible breeze, and the drone wouldn't hover in one spot. It was constantly going up or down.

A) Is this something that DJI Care would cover, and B) how do I start the process. I spent a good deal of time clicking around and was going in circles without ever identifying a portal or application or anything else that would allow me to begin a claim. Please help!
If I were you, I'd perform every callibration possible. I'd also see if there are any smudges or obstructions in front of the vision sensors (Not sure if Mavic Mini has those, but if they do, then check). My last option would be to send to DJI. And yes, I'd assume they'd cover it but I'm sure someone else would know better than I would.

Certainly check all calibration, gps, firmware, app. Etc. first. But keep this handy:

All great info here. After you have tried everything if it still has issues, go to the site Thomas B mentions.
You can request a repair statement. they will tell exactly what you need and the price. However, if I were you I would pay the replacement cost and get a new Mini. I just had my nephew do it for his and the replacement was $40.00. A lot less than they will quote the repairs at. My nephew is going to sell the replacement along with the fly more combo and I am putting the difference to get him the Mini2. Definitely a huge up grade...and something you may consider.

Think twice about using the care plan at present. I have sent my mavic mini off 10th March. Still waiting for it to ARRIVE at repair depot. See my earlier post.

This is all very helpful. Thank you for your assistance; I really appreciate it! I'm going to do the Express that NG recommends for $40.

Here to report that I sent off the Mini through the DJI express program. I printed out a UPS label, packed up the drone and dropped it at a UPS store. It arrived a day later at a DJI facility in Dallas, and I got a new drone delivered by UPS last night. So the entire process took under a week. That's pretty amazing. Thanks again, everyone, for your help on this. I really appreciate it!!!

Reactions: NG Wildman
Here to report that I sent off the Mini through the DJI express program. I printed out a UPS label, packed up the drone and dropped it at a UPS store. It arrived a day later at a DJI facility in Dallas, and I got a new drone delivered by UPS last night. So the entire process took under a week. That's pretty amazing. Thanks again, everyone, for your help on this. I really appreciate it!!!
Glad to hear it worked well.
Good luck with your NEW drone.

Reactions: joshbaugh

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143