DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, I need to get footage off a badly Damaged Mavic Air

Blaksony

Reactions
Hello all,
I’m blaksony and this pass may I brought a Mavic Air (MA) and I joined this forum late in April. Anyways I’ve enjoyed and learned a lot from looking at the many postings but never had to submit a Help post myself until today,
I’m getting really good at piloting the MA and I decided to get some practice doing high flying and side wards filming , I had the quad up 90m to avoid any power lines and tree tops and had smooth goings until something caused the craft to stop flying on the path I thought I was flying, I got a image loss and transmission failure on the warnings bar then the screen on my iPad blinked back on and I was flying backwards then it started to spin. I applied full throttle up but got and IMU warning then... BAM. All this occurred just a block and a half from my MA’s home point so I ran to my house near by to grab my iPhone, I jogged to the point of loss contact and there it was... it apparently landed gimbal first. I powered the quad off and rushed home to see if I could get the footage off the bird before I send it in to DJI Care BUT when I tried to power it up the diagnostic routine that it performs could not be completed because the gimbal mount in the body is completely broken. My question is... how can I obtain access to the internal storage. The bird goes into hibernation tomorrow so I need some information ASAP, anyone? Thanks.

Hello all,
I’m blaksony and this pass may I brought a Mavic Air (MA) and I joined this forum late in April. Anyways I’ve enjoyed and learned a lot from looking at the many postings but never had to submit a Help post myself until today,
I’m getting really good at piloting the MA and I decided to get some practice doing high flying and side wards filming , I had the quad up 90m to avoid any power lines and tree tops and had smooth goings until something caused the craft to stop flying on the path I thought I was flying, I got a image loss and transmission failure on the warnings bar then the screen on my iPad blinked back on and I was flying backwards then it started to spin. I applied full throttle up but got and IMU warning then... BAM. All this occurred just a block and a half from my MA’s home point so I ran to my house near by to grab my iPhone, I jogged to the point of loss contact and there it was... it apparently landed gimbal first. I powered the quad off and rushed home to see if I could get the footage off the bird before I send it in to DJI Care BUT when I tried to power it up the diagnostic routine that it performs could not be completed because the gimbal mount in the body is completely broken. My question is... how can I obtain access to the internal storage. The bird goes into hibernation tomorrow so I need some information ASAP, anyone? Thanks.

If it’s possible to power it on, can you plug it directly into your computer or connect it to your phone and download the footage there.

If it’s possible to power it on, can you plug it directly into your computer or connect it to your phone and download the footage there.

Hey, thanks Odoug for the response
The air crashed gimbal first and damaged the cooling fan causing it to run after the DJI tone and the air can’t process further diagnostics on systems and data so I was told and that make sense so, I’m thankful for DJI care

You post is titled; "Help, I need to get footage off a badly Damaged Mavic Air". I don't have an Air, but aren't the recordings stored on the micro SD card in the rear of the Air?
upload_2018-6-26_12-41-35.png

You post is titled; "Help, I need to get footage off a badly Damaged Mavic Air". I don't have an Air, but aren't the recordings stored on the micro SD card in the rear of the Air?
View attachment 40884
Hey, Mossiback, thanks for the reply, yes, there is a sd card but when it’s full (it’s a 32gb and I do 4K on every flight) the Air switches over to its internal storage. I was hoping to see that footage but when the Air crashed it hit the ground from 50m high and broke something near the cooling fan so the Air shuts down in 10sec preventing the aircraft from paring with my control or My MacBook. I was hoping to see what it was that brought the craft down

Was it out of your line of sight when it went down?
If so, it might be possible for our resident forensic analysis guys to deduce what happened.
If you can retrieve any flight data from the device you were using...

Was it out of your line of sight when it went down?
If so, it might be possible for our resident forensic analysis guys to deduce what happened.
If you can retrieve any flight data from the device you were using...
Dude, that would be great, however the only thing I have is the flight record stored on the iPad mini 4, I could not get by the cooling fan damage so I could not access data from the drone. The Mavic was about 2 blocks less than 1/4 mile from me but trees blocked my view. The Air was 92m high at the time and was well above any power lines or tree tops How can I get a related flight data.

Attachments

• Google earth pic.jpeg
    Google earth pic.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 18
Dude, that would be great, however the only thing I have is the flight record stored on the iPad mini 4, I could not get by the cooling fan damage so I could not access data from the drone. The Mavic was about 2 blocks less than 1/4 mile from me but trees blocked my view. The Air was 92m high at the time and was well above any power lines or tree tops How can I get a related flight data.
That is what I was talking about. If what you want to know is what brought it down, @msinger, @sar104, and several others may be able to narrow things down by the telemetry in the flight data. Maybe a motor error from a bird, or a prop flying off. Maybe a power loss. it would probably get you more info than you have now.

Reactions: MavicCF
That is what I was talking about. If what you want to know is what brought it down, @msinger, @sar104, and several others may be able to narrow things down by the telemetry in the flight data. Maybe a motor error from a bird, or a prop flying off. Maybe a power loss. it would probably get you more info than you have now.
Thanks, ac0j, really appreciate that, I'll try tweeting them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada