DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Incessant BEEPING

andyman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi All! Hoping someone can help me, I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution. I haven't flown in a few weeks, and my drone has been stored in a secure foam rubber case with sticks removed. As soon as I take off, my RC beeps loudly about 1x/second for 5 seconds and then beeps rapidly with out stop. I have recalibrated the RC, flicked the sticks every which way, recalibrated the gimble, and updated the firmware. I've turned the drone and RC off and then on again. I did notice that this is constant, after takeoff, when I am in Normal or Tripod mode, but when I switch to Sport mode, it stops. Youtube video of my screen recording with sound, and flight log link below. Thanks!

Andy

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

ps - Sorry I should have posted this to the "Mavic Air 2 Help" forum, but I don't know how to move it or delete it now :(

Reactions: andyman
Hi All! Hoping someone can help me, I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution. I haven't flown in a few weeks, and my drone has been stored in a secure foam rubber case with sticks removed. As soon as I take off, my RC beeps loudly about 1x/second for 5 seconds and then beeps rapidly with out stop. I have recalibrated the RC, flicked the sticks every which way, recalibrated the gimble, and updated the firmware. I've turned the drone and RC off and then on again. I did notice that this is constant, after takeoff, when I am in Normal or Tripod mode, but when I switch to Sport mode, it stops. Youtube video of my screen recording with sound, and flight log link below. Thanks!

Andy

ps - Sorry I should have posted this to the "Mavic Air 2 Help" forum, but I don't know how to move it or delete it now :(

It's your Obstacle Avoidance warning.

You're close to the door, causing it to beep and letting you know.

OA is not operating when in Sport mode so be careful, you could crash into something.

This started when I launched it in my backyard last night. Maybe it was too close to the house. I will test again tomorrow (dark now) far away from the house and see if that solves it, thanks!

This started when I launched it in my backyard last night. Maybe it was too close to the house. I will test again tomorrow (dark now) far away from the house and see if that solves it, thanks!

Keep in mind you have rear sensors as well.

So if you hover in front of you, it might be clear in front, but picking you up from behind.

Click the map in the corner and bring up the attitude indicator.

Little squiggly lines should appear if an obstacle is detected, along with a orange highlight of sorts at the top and bottom of the flight screen.

Good luck.

Update to fly app 1.5.1 if you didn't already.
Also you can turn off that sound by turning down the "media" volume slider on your phone/tablet.

Update to fly app 1.5.1 if you didn't already.
Also you can turn off that sound by turning down the "media" volume slider on your phone/tablet.
Depends upon the cause of the beeping. Some beeping comes from the controller, rather than the tablet, such as the heart attack beeping at under 15% battery. There is no volume control for it, and it cannot be silenced under 5%.

Reactions: Yaros

Andy

It’s just the obstacle avoidance is on and it’s beeping telling you about to crash into an obstacle

Obstacle avoidance is turned off with sport mode it will now crash into object instead of pausing or going around to n cine or normal mode

Fly in a open space to se me what I’m talking about your just really close to crashing drone I see a door or house so close to your take off location

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll