DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Looking for cig Charger To wall adapter to charge batteries.

xanthic

Reactions
So I have a bit of an issue that I need help with. I bought a new/used Mavic pro 2 with extras.

My problem is that the only charger that was included is the Mavic 2 car charger.

My Question.

Is there, and can I safely use some kind of 12V cigarette to wall charger adapter so I can charge my batteries inside the house using the Mavic car charger?

If so, what can I use to do that? Or can you please point me in the right direction? I’ve tried searching and haven’t found any answers.

So I have a bit of an issue that I need help with. I bought a new/used Mavic pro 2 with extras.

My problem is that the only charger that was included is the Mavic 2 car charger.

My Question.

Is there, and can I safely use some kind of 12V cigarette to wall charger adapter so I can charge my batteries inside the house using the Mavic car charger?

If so, what can I use to do that? Or can you please point me in the right direction? I’ve tried searching and haven’t found any answers.
You have 2 options, you can probably find them all on Amazon probably.

Look for a CLA power supply it will give you a power supply that plugs into the wall and a CLA Female plug to connect your charger.

Or Look for a 3rd party charger that will charge M2P batteries..

Thank you! What are some options? Can you please send a link or something? All this is new to me and I don’t want to get something that’s going to ruin my batteries.
You have 2 options, you can probably find them all on Amazon probably.

Look for a CLA power supply it will give you a power supply that plugs into the wall and a CLA Female plug to connect your charger.

Or Look for a 3rd party charger that will charge M2P batteries..

You could try something like this:
I cant speak to the quality of it so do your research but it's a start with links to other suggestions.
Personally I'd probably go with this:
It's more expensive but it's built top to bottom to do both ac and DC and charges four batteries and your controller at once and has storage charge settings.

My Question.

If you're keen to care of the batteries,the attached unit is very good.Can charge 4 batts at once,get them to storage mode,or deep discharge/recharge.Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 9.41.05 AM.png

Thank you! What are some options? Can you please send a link or something? All this is new to me and I don’t want to get something that’s going to ruin my batteries.
It appears that others have already provided some suggestions, sorry if I Assumed that you did not need more assistance..

I appreciate all the advice. I really do. Thank you all.

so this is the one that I’m looking at but I don’t know if the specs would work with the specs on the Mavic 2 car charger

specs on the Mavic 2 car charger according to the label are:

model: C4S80
input: 14.OV 6.5A
output: 17.6V 4.54A OR 17.0V 4.54A

Specs for the CLA adapter:

SHNITPWR AC to DC Converter 12V 8A 96W Power Supply Adapter with Car Lighter Socket 100~240V AC to DC 12 Volt 8 Amp 6A Transformer for Car Tire Inflator Vacuum Cleaner and Other Car Devices Under 96W​

• Input: AC 100V~240V 50/60Hz
  • Output Voltage: DC 12V ( constant voltage )
  • Output Current: Max 8A
  • Output Wattage:Max 96W
  • Output connector:Car Cigarette Lighter Socket
  • Safety Compliance: FCC / CE/ RoHS / CCC
  • Working Temperature: -20~50℃
  • Weight: 1.21 lb / 550g

There are Other models of this type of CLA that can handle more power. I just picked this one because it seemed to match up. Then again I have no idea what I’m reading and it might as well be written in ancient Sumerian.

thanks guys!
Alex

The Smatree charger is also an option, can be taken on site for use too.

The 12v charger is good (and faster than mains) for charging on the go when travelling by car, but possibly as long as the engine is running.
If to M2 charger needs 13.1v, you will need to set up a step converter to keep power up to 13.8v if charging when stationary.

Someone above offered a mains charger as well.

The Smatree charger is also an option, can be taken on site for use too.

The 12v charger is good (and faster than mains) for charging on the go when travelling by car, but possibly as long as the engine is running.
If to M2 charger needs 13.1v, you will need to set up a step converter to keep power up to 13.8v if charging when stationary.

Someone above offered a mains charger as well.
That’s a nice setup! However it’s too rich for my blood. I’m so poor I
created a gmail account just so I can eat the spam.

So I’m looking for something in the $0-$30 range.

Are you saying that if I did get the charger I posted, that I’ll need a step converter as well? If it’s not too much trouble, would you please check out the Amazon link I posted and check out the specs? You know a lot more than I do and I really don’t understand those specs and what they actually mean.

if you don’t have time I want to still thank you For the advice!

Are you saying that if I did get the charger I posted, that I’ll need a step converter as well? /QUOTE]

Sorry was slow posting my previous reply and didn’t see you picked that one.
No that one should be fine :)

A step converter might only be needed if using the car charger from cigarette lighter plug in the car, when stationary, and the alternator isn’t keeping the output voltage high enough.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I just want to make sure but your saying the:

SHNITPWR AC to DC Converter 12V 8A 96W Power Supply Adapter with Car Lighter Socket 100~240V AC to DC 12 Volt 8 Amp 6A Transformer​

Should work Spec wise on a C4S80 charger?

I did read the following:
  • 【AMPLE 96W OUTPUT】 Output is up to 8A Max. That means it can supply with all amperage less than 8A. ---such as 500mA, 800mA, 2.5A, 5A,8A. If your device draws 6A then 6A will be supplied. But if draws more than 8A, only 8A will be supplied and power supply will be damaged soon. NEVER OVERLOAD!
I’m not sure if this particular charger can handle my charger. But if you think it can I’ll get it. They also offer another version that can handle more power I believe.

Thank you!

I just want to make sure but your saying the:

SHNITPWR AC to DC Converter 12V 8A 96W Power Supply Adapter with Car Lighter Socket 100~240V AC to DC 12 Volt 8 Amp 6A Transformer​

Should work Spec wise on a C4S80 charger?

I did read the following:
  • 【AMPLE 96W OUTPUT】 Output is up to 8A Max. That means it can supply with all amperage less than 8A. ---such as 500mA, 800mA, 2.5A, 5A,8A. If your device draws 6A then 6A will be supplied. But if draws more than 8A, only 8A will be supplied and power supply will be damaged soon. NEVER OVERLOAD!
I’m not sure if this particular charger can handle my charger. But if you think it can I’ll get it. They also offer another version that can handle more power I believe.

Hmm, it may not looking at the cigarette plug outlet again.
It says AC to DC 12v and if only 12v, then it might do what the car charger does in a vehicle when it's stationary, and the vehicle battery is not being charged .. .. .. it sort of cycles on / off, and I never was able to get a battery charged like that.

The step converter solved this.
This post describes what I had happening when I was setting up for 4WD touring for weeks at a time . . .

Charging Batteries in Car?

See my reply and pics in post #10.

I really think you should just buy a mains after market charger, OR the genuine one @TruGreen has up for offer as posted above in post #7. (Especially if it is the multi smart charge format as bought with the flymore package.)

The post immediately following mine in the linked thread above shows on @bumper uses, maybe he can advise the longer term use he's found it gives.

Or one like this . . .

That's about US$62, not sure what your budget is, and very likely there will be lower cost in the US, more choice.

Google search Mavic Pro 2 charger, you should get lots of hits and some decent value chargers locally to you.

Keep the car charger for when you are driving place to place, and it will charge ok when the vehicle is running and the alternator is putting out 14 volts or so.
If you want to charge when parked (I did this from a 2nd battery fitted to charge in the 4WD) then the step converter might be needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22