DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Lost drone

rlphoto69

Reactions
Greetings everyone, They say there is those who have and those who will, but after 4 years of flying I had my first crash. mavic 2 pro and smart controller. It was definitely my fault and I guess the 1st time really hurts. A few problems tho. Im not sure how to get the data off the smart controller. Im pretty certain the battery got knocked out, but I know where it is within 500 yds. Problem is Im not sure what side of the road it crashed. One side is 100 ft pines and the other is a very shear rock face cliff that pretty much is too dangerous to climb, but Id like to see if I can locate it if possible. I don't know how to get the fit data off the smart controller. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

hi sorry for your temporary:) loss . I am a newbie but i found it.

...so first check for the map at your app (profile > find my drone) it would help.
an then from the file manager of your phone locate the dji folder> dji.go.xxx and upload DJIFlightRecordxxxxxx.txt
you will get some help as i did

(use Search too... and read this: Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide )

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Have a look at post 3 Smart Controller - How to access flight logs
If that is correct then if the existing logs are stored internally within your smart controller it might be possible to move those logs over to an mSD card.
But I'd suggest finding out if they MUST go into a folder with the path "DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord" on the mSD card. Incidentally that path is the same as the one that exists in an Android phone.
But really from there you need someone more clued up than me.

You might actually do better to start a thread entitled "How do I copy logs off a smart controller?"

"Sync"ing might work but, before you do, you need to make sure YOU can access the logs after the have been uploaded or if you can make copies in the process etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason