DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Mavic 3 Pro no RAW telephoto

petercade

Reactions
I have a Mavic 3 Pro. I bought it March 2022. It is my third DJI drone. I have the RCN1 controller with an iPhone 13 Pro Max with the FlyApp on it.

Aircraft Firmware 01.00.1000
RC Firmware 04.13.0800
FlyApp Firmwar 1.5.10

All I think are up to date except the FlyApp which I think should be 1.9.10?

My problems are.

1. I am not being prompted to update the FlyApp - should I delete it on my iPhone and reload it from the App Store - hoping the latest version arrives?

2. I was under the impression that a DJI update in July 2022 allowed RAW images to be taken on the telephoto camera.
I cannot get the RAW images option for the telephoto lens. Is this because I dont have the latest FlyApp firmware or I dont have the RC pro controller?

3. I cannot get anyone at DJI to seriously investigate the issue. They are very polite, but manage to creatively avoid helping me, even when I send them videos
of me trying to update the firmware and the FlyApp screen without the ability to use RAW on the telephoto camera.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would be so thankful.
Pete

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

I think I would remove the app and download the latest and reinstall.

I have a Mavic 3 Pro. I bought it March 2022. It is my third DJI drone. I have the RCN1 controller with an iPhone 13 Pro Max with the FlyApp on it.

Aircraft Firmware 01.00.1000
RC Firmware 04.13.0800
FlyApp Firmwar 1.5.10

All I think are up to date except the FlyApp which I think should be 1.9.10?

My problems are.

1. I am not being prompted to update the FlyApp - should I delete it on my iPhone and reload it from the App Store - hoping the latest version arrives?

2. I was under the impression that a DJI update in July 2022 allowed RAW images to be taken on the telephoto camera.
I cannot get the RAW images option for the telephoto lens. Is this because I dont have the latest FlyApp firmware or I dont have the RC pro controller?

3. I cannot get anyone at DJI to seriously investigate the issue. They are very polite, but manage to creatively avoid helping me, even when I send them videos
of me trying to update the firmware and the FlyApp screen without the ability to use RAW on the telephoto camera.

Pete
My Fly app is at 1.9.9. same as in the App Store. Different in the UK?

well, to start with I think maybe I should delete the app on my phone and re-install. Hopefully that won't mess with the aircraft for any reason.
thanks for the information.

No need to uninstall. Go to the App Store and choose "update" there.
First we should clarify which drone do you actually have because there is NO Mavic 3 Pro as yet( probably soon to be anounced though). So, you either have Mavic 3 ( or Classic or Cine) or Mavic Mini 3 Pro. Ones we establish which drone you have then we can try to help.

Reactions: mavictk and drbajm
First we should clarify which drone do you actually have because there is NO Mavic 3 Pro as yet( probably soon to be anounced though). So, you either have Mavic 3 ( or Classic or Cine) or Mavic Mini 3 Pro. Ones we establish which drone you have then we can try to help.
As he's talking about the telephoto camera, there's no mystery about what drone he has.

As he's talking about the telephoto camera, there's no mystery about what drone he hasing accurate model name is the basic requirement for members to get the right advice. I get it that in this instance deduction guides you to the right direction but still... it peeves me off, sorry...

As he's talking about the telephoto camera, there's no mystery about what drone he has.
I get it that in this instance deduction and elimination guides you to the right direction but is too much to ask members to use the correct name for their drones?

Reactions: mavictk
Before messing arounnd with updating etc, you should be able to shoot in raw (if you really need to) with what you already have.
BUT ... you cannot do it if you are in explorer mode.
If you are trying while in explorer mode, this is your issue.

In explorer mode (see the binoculars above the screen shutter button), no raw option available
i-28cjT83-L.jpg
In normal mode, jpg or raw options are available
i-vVgf5nb-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I updated the FlyApp and have the full telephoto functionality. I actually thought I had an up to date version of FlyApp which was clouding my judgement. Yes Mavic 3 normal/standard, not pro. I think I added that because my P4 pro has 'pro' tagged on the end.
I dont seem to get RAW in explorer mode which I understand, but it would be nice to get a slight crop on the main wide camera and still shoot in RAW, but I guess its the same as a crop in photoshop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu