DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What gimble sticks did you choose for an upgrade

4 inch pistons

Reactions
The question is in the title. I want to upgrade. What did you buy.

changing the gimbal sticks is not really an upgrade ,in the true sense of the word (for me anyway) its more of a customisation of the gimbal sticks, to suit ones individual requirements
some people prefer a shorter stick ,while others like to have a larger softer top ,it depends whether you are a pincher or thumber, and some even like to have no sticks at all

@Meta4 you are correct in you description of course ,but i am sure others will know what he meant ,but thanks for the correction

The question is in the title. I want to upgrade. What did you buy.
Recently, I have thought about getting the CineSticks N1 Ultra

But now that the mini3pro firmware update has tripod mode adjustments, I may not need them for that.
No other sticks are yet made for the RC-N1 controller that I would buy other than factory ones.

The gimbal is what holds and keeps the camera steady.
There are no gimbal sticks.
You mean joysticks or control sticks.
The OP uses the correct expression...

Gimbal: a device that permits a body to incline freely in any direction or suspends it so that it will remain level when its support is tipped.

1680394645769.png

...What did you buy.

I'm using the Polar Pro extension sticks for my Mavic Air... discontinued now I'm afraid.

1680395031437.png

Wow!!! You guys are a tough crowd.
sorry I asked.

Back in my RC plane days Futaba and JR, even my Multiplex transmitter had sticks that were adjustable in length and aftermarket options for those who wanted longer sticks for smoother moves. I was just curious about what options are available for DJI.

I will think twice or a third time before I ask for any more options around here.

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
Stay on topic folks.

As for me, I use the original sticks on all my controllers

sorry I asked.

I will think twice or a third time before I ask for any more options around here.
In 8 years on these forums I've never heard anyone refer to "gimbal sticks" and had to think for a bit to work out what you meant.
I was simply clearing up any confusion so you could use the correct terminology to get your message across.

sorry I asked.

Back in my RC plane days Futaba and JR, even my Multiplex transmitter had sticks that were adjustable in length and aftermarket options for those who wanted longer sticks for smoother moves. I was just curious about what options are available for DJI.

Back in the RC days, I really liked the milled aluminum sticks. It was more bling than anything. Now I just want more functionality and control, which is why I am thinking about CineStick.
Dont let the crowd around here get to you. Ask questions that you need to ask. Most are helpful, some are just ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive actually found (when doing highly detailed filming maneuvers around an object) to actually NOT use ANY sticks at all. humph.

Of course, Im using the default RcN1 controller on my M3 but this, in addition to adjusting the sensitivity within the app, is key for me to achieve a quality shot that doesn't showcase my extreme amateur skill set. lol

Note: Don't get bent about a curt response from people. Every forum on the net is slap filled with these self proclaimed know-it-alls.

Reactions: mobilehomer
I have a pair of red ones on my air2s I bought on Amazon. I believe the brand is sunnylife who makes all sorts of random accessories.

As someone that likes a bit of color make my gear stand out especially at meetups or flying with others I wish someone made standard sticks in different colors that are the same size as the oem ones.
BC4385B2-E507-4DF9-9DFB-85A28AC098E3.jpeg

I like to keep the controls linear, and just adjust to the sticks. Muscle memory will take over with practice. If you haven’t flown in awhile do a couple of slow arcs at the first of the flight.

I like to keep the controls linear, and just adjust to the sticks. Muscle memory will take over with practice. If you haven’t flown in awhile do a couple of slow arcs at the first of the flight.
muscle memory is fine... until you sneeze. LOL

Reactions: hiflyer201
changing the gimbal sticks is not really an upgrade ,in the true sense of the word (for me anyway) its more of a customisation of the gimbal sticks, to suit ones individual requirements
some people prefer a shorter stick ,while others like to have a larger softer top ,it depends whether you are a pincher or thumber, and some even like to have no sticks at all
THANK YOU MR GRAMMAR
Ive actually found (when doing highly detailed filming maneuvers around an object) to actually NOT use ANY sticks at all. humph.

Of course, Im using the default RcN1 controller on my M3 but this, in addition to adjusting the sensitivity within the app, is key for me to achieve a quality shot that doesn't showcase my extreme amateur skill set. lol

Note: Don't get bent about a curt response from people. Every forum on the net is slap filled with these self proclaimed know-it-alls.
I'm pretty new to drones and adjusting the sensitivity is something I long to do on my ZOOM but it sounds INTIMIDATING as opposed to the know it all's who are just amusing in my warped mind world :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito