DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me diagnose camera issue

NastyNate

Reactions
Gents,

Went out for a morning flight and started getting some wierd camera issues. Not sure of cause. Just started this morning as I tilted gimbal while flying. seems to happen while or after tilting gimbal.

Has anyone seen similar issues with camera while in flight?
the video is not in flight but recreates the affect I get on the camera.

I initially thought someone was jamming me as it reminded me of watching scrambled skin flicks on CATV as a kid but then realized, it's not isolated to a certain geo area.

thanks in advance,

NN

This is on the SD card? If so, try using a different card and formatting it in the app before recording.

this happens both recording and not recording..

a different SD card yields the same result...

Is this on your device then? What I meant by the above question was "Is this coming from recordings on your SD card?" Since you say recording or not recording, I'm assuming you mean the video feed on the device. Correct?

Is this on your device then? What I meant by the above question was "Is this coming from recordings on your SD card?" Since you say recording or not recording, I'm assuming you mean the video feed on the device. Correct?
the above is correct. this occurs on the video feed whether I am recording or not. it happens when using other devices which leads me to believe the trouble is isolated to the AC.

when the issue occurs, video feed goes pink, green, lined, fuzzy, etc. when reviewing the video playback, I get a playback similar to the video.

First, check your SD card recordings. If the Mavic is recording normally, then it's definitely not your AC. Likely it's the connection between the device and controller or interference with the controller or the app.

If your recordings are normal, then try the following:
1) make sure your device is airplane mode
2) pull and reseat your connection cable
3) check each opening where the cable goes in for dirt/debris
4) change the connection to a USB cable and make sure it's a new functioning cable (make sure to remove the cable from the side port of the RC and only use the USB connection on the bottom)
5) move your device away from the cable connection and the RC. Some iPhones and iPads are known to have magnets/antennas in one end that can cause interference with the connection
6) uninstall and reinstall the GO app or try another app and see if the video feed is normal

If none of these steps works, report back here.

What version of DJI GO4 are you using. I think it was version 4.1.19 started to do the same for me. Rolled back to previous version eliminated the problem.

Try a different cord... I had this problem with another remote. Plus I was running with enough processor speed to actually fly and operate everything. Maybe turn off cache videos?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight