DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Head tracking

Droning on and on...

Reactions
So my lenses from HonsVR arrived, and I'm delighted with the Integra goggles. While I have (very slightly) some of the same "ethnic European face shape" issues others have had, the integrated battery and GPS, as well as the smaller, lighter, more compact size more than compensate for the fitment issues. There's always foam...

Head tracking is actually kind of fun/cool. I can't see actually using it for some serious purpose, but for just flying and sightseeing at altitude I think I will actually be using it.

DJI implemented it exactly as I would had I been designing it. Control of the aircraft, i.e. it's flight path, is not affected or controlled by head movements. Only where you are looking, by adjusting gimbal tilt and yaw orientation. If the aircraft is moving, it will continue following the MC2 control inputs regardless of what your head's doing.

In short, you can look around as if you're riding in the aircraft without causing it to wildly grate all over the place. Where you're looking, and where you're flying are independent.

So my lenses from HonsVR arrived, and I'm delighted with the Integra goggles. While I have (very slightly) some of the same "ethnic European face shape" issues others have had, the integrated battery and GPS, as well as the smaller, lighter, more compact size more than compensate for the fitment issues. There's always foam...

Head tracking is actually kind of fun/cool. I can't see actually using it for some serious purpose, but for just flying and sightseeing at altitude I think I will actually be using it.

DJI implemented it exactly as I would had I been designing it. Control of the aircraft, i.e. it's flight path, is not affected or controlled by head movements. Only where you are looking, by adjusting gimbal tilt and yaw orientation. If the aircraft is moving, it will continue following the MC2 control inputs regardless of what your head's doing.

In short, you can look around as if you're riding in the aircraft without causing it to wildly grate all over the place. Where you're looking, and where you're flying are independent.
I love flying with them! 😁

Still working up the courage to take my Avata and Integras out of the box...anyone on here used the Integra goggles with the mini 4?

First thing I did when my lenses arrived. What I described in the OP was from that experience.

Haven't tried them yet with the Avata.