DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed! Mavic pro + repair

Kstu12

Reactions
Hey All.

Need some help, stuck on this issue for a while now.

I crashed the drone into a tree but it took a slower tumble to the ground. Now the thing is, it flies perfectly fine, gimbal works fine- a full range of motion with the controller movements, and everything else seems normal. However, I don't get any video footage transmitted to my device or have the ability to take a photo or video, but again able to control the gimbal. The files sometimes show up but are 00 seconds long and unable to play or don't show up at all.

Thought it could be the camera- changed that... along with the video ribbon cable. Downgraded the software to base, factory reset the device and updated the controller/ device/ app. NOTHING WORKED🤬

So the only other idea is to replace the Video/ gimbal/ sensor board.

Trying the calibration screen on the DJI assistant application indicated that the sensors are working. however they partially transmit- turning on/ off the device is when it functions, then freezes and is unable to complete the calibration. So, I suppose this is a separate issue? Unless connected to the gimbal/ video/ sensor board.

Any help or other ideas on how to fix this would be awesome!

Hey All.

I crashed the drone into a tree but it took a slower tumble to the ground. Now the thing is, it flies perfectly fine, gimbal works fine- a full range of motion with the controller movements, and everything else seems normal. However, I don't get any video footage transmitted to my device or have the ability to take a photo or video, but again able to control the gimbal. The files sometimes show up but are 00 seconds long and unable to play or don't show up at all.

Thought it could be the camera- changed that... along with the video ribbon cable. Downgraded the software to base, factory reset the device and updated the controller/ device/ app. NOTHING WORKED🤬

Trying the calibration screen on the DJI assistant application indicated that the sensors are working. however they partially transmit- turning on/ off the device is when it functions, then freezes and is unable to complete the calibration. So, I suppose this is a separate issue? Unless connected to the gimbal/ video/ sensor board.

Not sure how much you have invested already, but I had an issue with my Mavic Pro about two years ago. The camera sensor had condensation spots on it. (My bad). Sent it to DJI. Got a whole new drone for less than $300. It works great but sadly, sits most of the time on the back shelf. However, it is more advanced than the Mavic 3 insofar it has SDK and can run autonomous missions with third party software.

Hey All.

Camera cable, it's a flex cable that breaks easy. Not that hard of repair

Reactions: mereflyer
I also had a gimbal issue within weeks of getting one, years ago. I would suggest you simply send it back to DJI and they will send you a new one. It might cost you more, or less than you trying to repair it, but at least it will be done properly and quickly. The gimbal is the one issue I see so many people try and repair and never seem to get it all right.

You will just be buying part after part chasing the issues. Just send it off and a week later you may have a new one ready to be sent to you. If you want to fly, send it to DJI they are fast, reasonable and have great customer service from my experience. If you just like to tinker with drones, then keep buying parts, trying to get it all to work.

I also had a gimbal issue within weeks of getting one, years ago. I would suggest you simply send it back to DJI and they will send you a new one. It might cost you more, or less than you trying to repair it, but at least it will be done properly and quickly. The gimbal is the one issue I see so many people try and repair and never seem to get it all right.

You will just be buying part after part chasing the issues. Just send it off and a week later you may have a new one ready to be sent to you. If you want to fly, send it to DJI they are fast, reasonable and have great customer service from my experience. If you just like to tinker with drones, then keep buying parts, trying to get it all to work.
Not chasing, bet money it's a cable and easy repair

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hey Guys,

Quick update, I replaced the board... which brought back the video signal. But now the question is why am I not able to adjust the gimbal with the controller now when I was able to before?

Maybe check the cable connection again

mavic pro gimble boards i cant even count now how many i have tossed but it is always the last and most expensive ,there is a wealth of information going thur there, A new one will do wonders

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme