DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help.. Phone not connecting to the controller

BlindLemon

Reactions
I took my mini out tonight and for a flight. Decided I would do a calibration before I flew it. Ended up also doing an IMU calibration as well which seem to go fine and a GPS calibration. From memory the aircraft powered off. I noticed the phone was not connected to the controller... see screenshot.

Rebooted everything including the phone one several occasions. In the end came home. Powered up the controller in the living room and it connected. Took it outside and all seemed good. Put the aircraft on the ground, went back to the controller and it had disconnected from the phone again. Haven’t been able to connect it again. I have had it a week and only done three other flights which went well. Any ideas...

Attachments

• AB8AE670-15D6-4587-867B-044A60D4CBC1.png
    AB8AE670-15D6-4587-867B-044A60D4CBC1.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 16
Has it connected before? Does the phone have all the permissions needed? Check the cable connecting RC with the phone. Make sure it's plugged in all the way, both sides, if it is, check that there are no twists or tearing marks on the connecting cable.

Hi yes I flew it on Sunday night no problem. No twists or tears but I was just unplugging it and plugging it back into the controller and it would momentarily reconnect.., I could see the camera but it would then disconnect even if you moved it a little. I think the cable may be faulty?? Disappointing as I have only had it a week and flown it three times. I have Also brought the refresh package, also contacted DJI support via email I guess I will wait and see what they say. Thanks for your help though.

Reactions: Dedal
Hi yes I flew it on Sunday night no problem. No twists or tears but I was just unplugging it and plugging it back into the controller and it would momentarily reconnect.., I could see the camera but it would then disconnect even if you moved it a little. I think the cable may be faulty?? Disappointing as I have only had it a week and flown it three times. I have s as Lao brought the refresh package, also contacted DJI support via email I guess I will wait and see what they say.
I hope it's just a cable, that's cheap... I'm afraid it could be one of the ports too (phone or the RC), RC port is known to require... Well, "gentle" touch. Please, check the cable by CAREFULLY wiggling on both sides while connected and see if the phone will keep disconnecting.

Hi I have tried wiggling both sides. The only area I can tie it down to is the port on the RC. The only time it reconnects is whe that’s unplugged and plugged back in but it’s momentarily connected then it disconnects. If the port is faulty surely that’s covered by the guarantee... it’s less than a week old.

Sorry to hear that. As I said, that's a known weakness... I have no idea how to handle that with DJI. Keep us posted, please.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciated. I will go down the support line route first. I am in the UK so we will see how good the support is. Frustratin.
cheers and I will let you know.

Im dealing with the same thing. I updated the firmware just fine. Then like 3 days later I went to fly and my phone won't connect. Im ready to just buy a new controller.

The cable works cause I connected it to my Mavic Air just fine.

Where can I buy a new controller?

Im dealing with the same thing. I updated the firmware just fine. Then like 3 days later I went to fly and my phone won't connect. Im ready to just buy a new controller.

The cable works cause I connected it to my Mavic Air just fine.

Where can I buy a new controller?
I have spoken to DJI today, updated the firmware on the RC and drone and still no connection. The RC connected to my MAC fine so I don’t think it’s the port. I have two iPhones and neither work. So it points to the cable. They are sending me a new cable. I sincerely hope that solves it.

Sorry no idea on the controller, I have literally owned the Mini for less than a week. That’s why it’s so frustrating. Good luck.

Ok update... still waiting on DJI to send me a replacement cable... awaiting approval apparently... great considering I have only had it a week yesterday. Good news however is I brought a connection cable off eBay which has just arrived in the post. And it works...yeah. At least I will have a spare when DJI get their finger out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh