DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please and possible cause to catastrophic failure today!

FYI I just sent a detailed email to support with notes of all my conversations today, I also copied their legal department. Will see what happens in the morning...

The saga continues, just got an email from their legal department in China.... See below...

L5jj4JmVEhYr8xdPXa_XbN_8hPv-EiSad8TrbGe5vAYE9Ncyy_XOs9pnN4xaUlzbT3OWysQ0Y5eyZsCb5S8jn8ommbRh2CVK-vYfU-VGgBn8gGKOMtFHsjIMnkKrpfSRITpoWXMYrlJj7NXUPkX9YHiT6JJT75jsZDiva_vaDqd5FdJud_l9B9JOPXd3WowGdBbztugc6npytYx4wdRpfo8rp_eKowqEWXTE1K-lx6GTns0=s0-d-e1-ft

[email protected]

Jun 23, 10:55 CST

Hi Support Team,

The customer claims he received an refurnished mavic pro instead of a new one. Can you with the customer’s problem? Thank you!

Best,

George Qiao 乔 治 | Legal

Email: [email protected] | Cell: 685331

DJI Innovations | The Future of Possible

This email is documentation to the Multiple calls I had with DJI today.

On 6/22 I received my repair estimate which I am disputing as this should be

covered under warranty. This drone is clearly defective and supported by the

flight data and logs submitted.

On 6/22 I spoke to a Customer service rep Named Ryan who was supposed to dispute the invoice or record an appeal. (This never Happened and confirmed with Lance the Supervisor and Rose the CS rep.

On 6/22 I spoke to Rose and she informed me the same day that this did not happen according to your records?

I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was connected to Lance, Lance looked at the flight data available to him and said there was a clear problem with the ultrasonic sensors and agreed that something was not correct. Lance said the RTH feature should bring the drone back and over-ride the other sensors not make the drone continue to climb.

I want to be clear in my communication the only acceptable resolution to this matter is to send me a NEW not Refurbished Mavic Pro. This is clearly a defective product and DJI corporation should be ashamed to not take 100% responsibility for a defective product.

I have already filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney Generals office Consumer Complaints Division as well as filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I want this resolved within 48hrs or I will proceed with any and all legal options under the law.

Please contact me immediately to resolve this matter.

Seems like George is more of a big picture guy rather than a stickler for details..

Btw not sure if you can insist of warranty repair being a new product and not a refurb or fix..look into that before you go down that path.

When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement. The replacement product or part provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product or part’s warranty. Products and parts presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products or parts of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the product, and repair of the product may result in loss of data, if the product is capable of retaining user-generated data.

Last edited:
I agree, but after all this hassle Its the least they can do. I work for a company that has revenues in the 50+ billions, I know our legal team gets very upset when things get escalated to them when in fact they should have been handles at a supervisor level. It really sucks cause I want a Phantom 4 pro but refuse to ever deal with this type of service again... Thanks for all the positive support guys!

Seems like George is more of a big picture guy rather than a stickler for details..

Btw not sure if you can insist of warranty repair being a new product and not a refurb or fix..look into that before you go down that path.

I'm In gilbert, small world!

Maybe put yourself into their position.
A customer attaches a 3rd party landing gear or GPS tracker to his Mavic that blocks the downward sensors.
Same effect that you experienced.
How can DJI tell the difference to your case where there was nothing blocking the view of the sensors?

I understand that point however, let's just say I placed Tin foil all over the drone completely blocking all the sensors, according to DJI Tech Support today, they clearly stated once the RTH function was initiated the drone was to start its way back at the altitude
set at the RTH point, this was not the case when RTH was activated, the drone climbed to over 600ft, with no stick input while on GPS, clearly faulty hardware.

Furthermore, with all the data that these collect, if this is a problem with other people attaching things they are not supposed to, then a billion dollar company should write code or software to detect weight difference to detect such add on's.

I understand that point however, let's just say I placed Tin foil all over the drone completely blocking all the sensors, according to DJI Tech Support today, they clearly stated once the RTH function was initiated the drone was to start its way back at the altitude
set at the RTH point, this was not the case when RTH was activated, the drone climbed to over 600ft, with no stick input while on GPS, clearly faulty hardware.
This statement sounds strange to me as there are settings to enable the vision system for RTH so that it climbs over obstacles while returning home:
b3e5e576314b99aa70574fb67cd2fed7.jpg

I by no means am an expert, I am just reiterating what I was told by the supervisor I spent over an hour with on the phone.

Lets say the above is correct, the RTH was supposed to climb over obstacles like above, then why at 600 feet did it stop and not continue to it's ceiling height? Cause it has a DEFECT or Multiple DEFECTS

Reactions: ceirsik
Just out of curiosity, when you purchased did you consider the care refresh option and/or a separate insurance policy like State Farm? If so, what was your reasoning for not choosing either?

Just out of curiosity, when you purchased did you consider the care refresh option and/or a separate insurance policy like State Farm? If so, what was your reasoning for not choosing either?
I purchase the drone on 6/5 late in the evening, I was going to purchase care that evening but I was busy getting ready for international travel early AM 6/6 It passed the 48hr window otherwise I would have.... Either way after this experience I would never buy another DJI product period. They are still stating this will not be covered due to blocked sensors which is 100 percent not true.. After doing some research its quite apparent there are many people that feel this is a standard tactic of them trying to get more money for repairs that should be under warranty. Google DJI class action Lawsuit and you will see someone already started the ball rollning. Although a different root cause, still breach of warranty etc. I have a consultation with that law firm today
"Mess with the bull, you'll eventually get the horns" they messed with the wrong bull

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair