DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Please Green Screen on mavic pro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingSilug

Reactions
Hello I’m new to this site and to drone community, I wanted to ask if any has encounter the green screen? So when I record videos from the drone, every looks fine from the screen during the actual recording, but when I transfer the recording to my laptop or my phone I get this 1/2 green screen and 1/3 of it is the actual video.. can some help me out please, I am abit worried about this, please and thank you

Did you try with a different SD card or just use the internal memory?
First hand it sounds like a memory problem ...

Also did you try playing the video on another device just to be sure it's not a playback issue?

I seem to recall hearing about similar issues on Phantoms a long time ago. I think it was camera issues.
But you did say FPV was OK.

Also did you try playing the video on another device just to be sure it's not a playback issue?

I seem to recall hearing about similar issues on Phantoms a long time ago. I think it was camera issues.
But you did say FPV was OK.

danman32

I’m sorry I don’t understand FPV? I’m new to drone community, I apologize

FPV = first person view

It’s what is being displayed on your mobile device. So basically as you’re flying, the screen is displaying what the camera is seeing and not this green screen you speak of correct?

FPV = first person view

It’s what is being displayed on your mobile device. So basically as you’re flying, the screen is displaying what the camera is seeing and not this green screen you speak of correct?

@Huckleberry. Oh I am sorry yes on the screen there is no green screen but when I do view it into my phone or laptop that’s when it appears.. I’m totally sorry if I don’t know the terminology yet with drones, but I’ll get use to it.. this is the only out I have after a bitter separation with my other half..

I would suspect your SD card is not fast enough or possibly faulty, try the internal memory or a different card to test.
Also the 4K in H.265 is very demanding and older computers might not be able to play it anyway.
Try recording at 1080p - if you still see the blocked green screen then I guess camera could be faulty.

I would suspect your SD card is not fast enough or possibly faulty, try the internal memory or a different card to test.
Also the 4K in H.265 is very demanding and older computers might not be able to play it anyway.
Try recording at 1080p - if you still see the blocked green screen then I guess camera could be faulty.
@to all I appreciate to help and advise, I will surely, make some effort tomorrow to fix this problem, I will definitely keep you guys posted, again thank you very much

@4wd so this evening I had the chance to play with my drone, so I finally view it and the the green screen is still there. I attach a picture what it looks like.. I will try again to change it for 1080, hopefully this would work out, anymore tips and advice? I’m growing concern about this,

Attachments

• D86646C0-B159-4C80-88A2-4FB73F31242C.jpeg
    D86646C0-B159-4C80-88A2-4FB73F31242C.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 35
Wow, beautiful scenery but totally ruined. However, what exactly did you change for this try? Cards, codecs, playback platform?

It's not clear, if the green screen is also visible during the flight or only in the file ...
If first, I would also suspect some kind of damaged sensor/electronics, if not there are still multiple explanations.

How do you transfer your files?
I once had a bad card reader, who once in a while corrupted files while copying. They seemed like yours with different blocks being monochrome or multicoloured noise pattern.

Wow, beautiful scenery but totally ruined. However, what exactly did you change for this try? Cards, codecs, playback platform?

It's not clear, if the green screen is also visible during the flight or only in the file ...
If first, I would also suspect some kind of damaged sensor/electronics, if not there are still multiple explanations.

How do you transfer your files?
I once had a bad card reader, who once in a while corrupted files while copying. They seemed like yours with different blocks being monochrome or multicoloured noise pattern.

@chanel I am not sure exactly what I did to make this turn out to be a green screen; I changed the video setting just 1hr ago and played with the settings, unfortunately it came out with the same results green screen D7A49D08-FBAF-4318-8C8D-92C66E92AE9B.jpeg

Ok, but do you see the greenscreen already while flying on your device or just after importing to your PC?
The thing is, if you see it already while flying, I might suspect some sensor/electronic error ...

The crop is always the same, I highly doubt a mere bad setting here.

He doesn't see it in FPV live view on the phone, only in the recording.

So it happens in 1080p. Does it happen using internal memory rather than SD card?
Also does it show in the cache video stored on the phone? I suspect not since live view is OK.

@channel after all of trouble shooting this thing, which the frustration kicks in, I end just resetting the controller and it work, I thank you for all of the advice and help you guys have provided me.. now time to play and be better on this drone game

Reactions: Thomas B
@4wd so this evening I had the chance to play with my drone, so I finally view it and the the green screen is still there. I attach a picture what it looks like.. I will try again to change it for 1080, hopefully this would work out, anymore tips and advice? I’m growing concern about this,

Are you able to view playback while the memory card is is the aircraft? This would test the integrity of the data without the variables of transferring or playback environments.
It does look like data corruption but that’s just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000