DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Remote control very slow charge.

Matty p

Reactions
Hi can anyone help with this issue.
Remote control took 2 and half hours to charge from 17 percent to 50 percent.and does anyone know what the standard time it should take to charge.
Cheers

Reactions: Chjz
Remote control took 2 and half hours to charge from 17 percent to 50 percent.
Are you charging the RC with the original Mavic 50W Battery Charger or with a different one? That time looks unusually longer to me.

I had charged remote with samsung usb plug straight into the wall does this make any difference to using the DJI charger?

I had charged remote with samsung usb plug straight into the wall does this make any difference to using the DJI charger?

I would not have thought so, as long as its a decent 1 or 2 amp output. Try a different lead and different charger one at a time to find out what's causing the issue.

I would not have thought so, as long as its a decent 1 or 2 amp output. Try a different lead and different charger one at a time to find out what's causing the issue.
I have a feeling it's a dud battery in remote .the only reason I say this is because I'm only getting around 4 flights with 100 percent charge on remote. My older 2 p3 pro's got much more than this. Thanks for your help will try other cables and chargers to see if it makes any difference.

I have a feeling it's a dud battery in remote .the only reason I say this is because I'm only getting around 4 flights with 100 percent charge on remote. My older 2 p3 pro's got much more than this. Thanks for your help will try other cables and chargers to see if it makes any difference.
The Mavic controller battery doesn't last anywhere near as long as Phantom but your charger time does seem wrong.
Since it's a smaller battery, on a proper phone charger or their supplied one it should go from 50% to full in an hour or so.
A plus point is you can top it up from vehicle USB or power bank.

My remote gets about 3-4 batteries when flown consecutively due to the fact that when plugged into my Note 5 the remote battery is being used to charge the phone battery. Haven't found any way around it.

Turned out it was a bad charger so everything sorted now. Thanks for help.

The Mavic RC needs 5V 2A input to charge properly. Most of the phone charger have 5V 1A output.

I am having the same problem. I just charged mine for several hours and it only got to 35%. I've only had it for less than a week. I'm using the charger that came with it.

My remote gets about 3-4 batteries when flown consecutively due to the fact that when plugged into my Note 5 the remote battery is being used to charge the phone battery. Haven't found any way around it.
is this the norm? 3-4 batteries till recharge of the controller ?

I am having the same problem. I just charged mine for several hours and it only got to 35%. I've only had it for less than a week. I'm using the charger that came with it.
Turns out it was a bad charging USB cable. I was using the one that came new in the box, but it was defective. I had it charging all night long and the next morning it was only to 84%. I switched to a cable I had and then it charged quickly.

After 3 batteries my RC is around 40%.
I would def recharge after 4 batteries and not risk depleting the RC below 20%
I think I did 4 batteries and 2 RC recharges dont remember what the % was on RC but it was under 50%.With that said I'll go through 4-6 batteries per event .Ill be having to carry a powerpack for the RC

I had the same problem, it was a bad USB Cable. Replaced it and it started to charge quickly and got to a full charge

After 3 batteries my RC is around 40%.
I would def recharge after 4 batteries and not risk depleting the RC below 20%
Just an update ,,I did 4 batteries today
all 4 batts landed with 5% to 20% battery left.
combined flight distance= 135,000'
At the end of the 4 batterys I still have 58% battery on the RC.
With that said ,,,could your RC be charging your tablet(or whatever you're using?)

Android phones charge from the RC but not iOS ones. So on iOS you get longer runtimes. Well known and documented, and kinda has nothing to do with this topic.

:eek::eek:
My main dedicated android device (Umi Emax) does not suffer from the charging bug.
My other android device using a USB C instead of the usual micro USB for android, does charge through the RC outlet.
I have no problem with around 40% RC power remaining after 3 flights, i guess some batteries are better than others. :)
got itThumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada