DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help/Request

Size13

Reactions
So I'm on vacation in Hawaii and seem to have lost the cord that plugs from the wall into my Mavic Pro Platinum charger. I presume that is a common cord from my recollection of it... any tips on where I might be able to grab a replacement? I'm on the Hawaiian island of Kauai...

If all else fails, go to a hardware store and get two alligator clips and a generic cord. As long as you are careful and don’t let the two connect to each other, your there. And don’t leave it unattended. Or possibly a computer store and see if they have a box of used cords that MAY match.

Local Hobbie store may have a few DJI fans that could let you borrow one.

Reactions: Size13
Any idea what the cord is called so I can try to find a replacement?

If all else fails, go to a hardware store and get two alligator clips and a generic cord. As long as you are careful and don’t let the two connect to each other, your there. And don’t leave it unattended. Or possibly a computer store and see if they have a box of used cords that MAY match.
As an electronics engineer with 44 years experience i would carry out your suggestion but definitely not to a member of the public.
120 volts short can do serious harm to you and charger.C,est la vie.

Take the charger to a hardware / electrical shop, show them the socket, we call it a figure of eight plug here, I’m sure it’s easily replaced for you.

I did mention the “don’t let the two connect” part. How he treats that is his choice. If he doesn’t feel comfortable in that process, I would think he wouldn’t try it. I based my suggestion on his posted age. If it read 16, I would not have provided that info. As for the cord having a given name, maybe the engineer will have that.

Found a replacement. Let me tell you, Kauai is not a major island, but the one Walmart on the island had a replacement cord that is longer and works swimmingly. Thanks all!

Reactions: Inspirephil
Don't have the box, but it was in the electronics cord. It's the same build as the original cord, same male end, though it's a few feet longer. Marketed as a "longer replacement cord" for several electronic devices (apple tv, etc) and was $8.41.

The connection on the charger side is a very, very common end often referred to as an "appliance cord" There are two versions usually one has rounded sides, the other has one side squared off.
Same as portable radios, dvd players, and small appliances.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet