Help! Take-off Failed: check motors and props

RobotPants

Reactions
Crash: yes
Problem: Take-off failed
Phone: I-phone
DJIGO4 app

Hello,

I am pretty new to drones and the Mavic Pro Platinum I recently purchased. After a drift into the side of my house "crash", then fell about 13 feet to the cement. I had a broken landing peg and 4 busted props. I replaced the arm with a new one, and eventually replaced the broken ribbon. Now, i boot up my drone and remote... The gimbal resets and places itself at center position as normal, all 4 props do their thing when you boot up the drone, and the djiGO4 app says everything is good to go. I try to take-off (both with the sticks and auto-takeoff do the same thing), I get a warning that pops up "Take-off failed: check motors and props", the rear motors spin up quick then shut down. The front motors do not even attempt to spin up.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix my issue?

THINGS ive TRIED: re-installing the firmware, switching battery, and also tried searching around the internet for anyone else who had mentioned the exact same verbiage, but nothing. My only guess as to its issue as of right now is that the main control board is somehow damaged (possibly from my solder?)

*a note about the solder. I was unable to melt the factory solder (up to the ~650 degree F mark that was recomended online), so i soldered on top of them (as others seem to have done). No wires are crossed.

sounds like there is something still disconnected inside the drone.

Hmm... This slipped my mind, I shall tear it back down and check out all the connections.

IMU calibrate ok? Check the ribbon cable and connector. I just changed out an IMU that had stressed the ribbon cable.

I want to say the IMU calibrated ok, but i'm not 100% sure on that. I got stuck calibrating the forward sensors as the cable I was using was not long enough to complete one of the DJI assistant's forward sensor calibration actions (moving it away from the computer screen far enough to fill the box). I had been getting a quick forward sensor not working correctly and obstical avoidance auto turns off (forgot about that warning).

I still have yet to tear back down to re-check all the connections.

Last edited:
Ok, finished IMU calibration successfully. Still having same issue of failed take-off, tho my forward sensor warning no longer pops up. Guess ill have to tear it all back down and triple check all the connections.

Tore it down, and triple checked all the connections, everything looks good. Tried to fly again, and having same issues. TakeOff Error. Check Motor and Props. (yellow caution sign and letters). The Rear light switches from Red to green to yellow and around again when i turn the drone on. I have heard a few people mention those colors can indicate issues, but I have not read further into that yet. Any other idea's as to my issue? My goal was to become completely self-sufficient at fixing the Mavic Pro's since there seems to be tons of issues with them due to their complexity, so id prefer to not have to send it anywhere. lol

The Rear light switches from Red to green to yellow and around again when i turn the drone on. I have heard a few people mention those colors can indicate issues...
From pg 12 of the manual:
upload_2018-6-28_10-3-13.png

I'm getting the same error notice on a MPP in for repair. When the drone 1st came in all motors would start and the drone would fly. I replaced the gimbal (the reason it came in), then when I tried to start it, it flipped over, so I tried again, flipped over again. It then had this "Takeoff error check propellers and motors". So I checked and found the right front motor had picked up a screw from my repair bench (my bad for not using the motor covers). I removed the screw and now all 4 motors are free spinning, they all twitch on startup, but both front motors won't turn on take-off and I get this error. No other errors are present. I have updated the firmware to 0500, restore to factory settings and completed all calibrations, but front motors won't start on take-off!

Any help would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters