DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help wanted please new flyer

Lillampp

Reactions
I have the mavic pro and wanting to purchase a ipad 4 mini. The problem is ive seen threads saying rth doesnt work because of no gps. Does that mean when you take off your home location will not be locked in. Any insight would be appreciated. I fly with my iphone 7 just wanting bigger screen. Thanks

Does that mean when you take off your home location will not be locked in.
That will always work no matter which mobile device you're using. The Mavic locates the home point using the Mavic's internal GPS receiver.

Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Mini models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to activate the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off. If you're going to use a Wi-Fi only Apple device, you could attach a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these) to add GPS later if needed.

I believe you can fly with just the remote control as well. as long as bird and remote connect.. Do not have to have Wifi to fly. Don't have to have a phone or tablet but then you wouldn't have the Go App.

So i can just connect with wire to controller an fly without wifi right
Yes -- you must connect the iPad Mini to the remote controller with a Lightning cable in order to use the iPad Mini with the remote controller. There is no way to connect the iPad Mini to the remote controller via Wi-Fi.

I believe you can fly with just the remote control as well. as long as bird and remote connect.. Do not have to have Wifi to fly. Don't have to have a phone or tablet but then you wouldn't have the Go App.
The altitude and distance will be restricted when flying like that too (see more details here).

Reactions: SpitFire
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure