DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with buying used mavic pro

photopro

Reactions
Hi everybody,
I am new to this website and I'm reaching out for help/opinions/ expertise.
I'm planning on purchasing a used Mavic Pro, theres one that I am specifically looking at from a seller and would like to know what I should look for when purchasing a used one.

Is there any way I can get the internal flight log information from his drone to look over and determine the specs and if there has been any crashes of any sort before I decide about buying a used drone

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I'm planning on purchasing a used Mavic Pro, theres one that I am specifically looking at from a seller and would like to know what I should look for when purchasing a used one.
like a car, the odometer helps. but for aircraft, more involvement counts.
i repair and build electronics, and realized power consumption is a biggy. fresh circuitry can exhibit gradual changes consuming power over the course of use. benchmarking that consume is great to fall back upon to compare when anomalies arise. either consume can increase or decrease, by the causation of circuitry component changing. change occurs why? because of material change. e.g., in a cap, pin holing can introduce dramatic changes, in a fet leakage at the channel junction can introduce dramatic changes, and here in honolulu a mere pinhead immersed in infinite pacific ocean salts, these chlorides seek residence and "bridge over" adjacent conductors, again wreaking havoc.

easiest to use power benchmark of known good equipment in "healthiness".
you'd need to measure the amperes requiring some inline interface at the battery. the pinouts are available and the battery will not be in the craft because of the intrude measurement.

i hope you understand that everything in mavic air drinks amperes from the 12volt intelligent flight battery, including internal circuitry of the battery performing supervision and feedback essentials

Hi photopro,
If I were purchasing a used MP I would carefully look at the aircraft for any damage (as in crash damage). I would look around the propeller arms for any stress cracks. The camera and gimbal are delicate, I would inspect this area for any issues.
When I sold my MP I offered to fly a demo so the buyer knew that he was getting a working system. When he said he would like the demo I was more than happy to fly my MP one last time.
Obviously not a complete list but I hope this helps some.

Reactions: msinger
Hi photopro,
If I were purchasing a used MP I would carefully look at the aircraft for any damage (as in crash damage). I would look around the propeller arms for any stress cracks. The camera and gimbal are delicate, I would inspect this area for any issues.
When I sold my MP I offered to fly a demo so the buyer knew that he was getting a working system. When he said he would like the demo I was more than happy to fly my MP one last time.
it will be easier to ask dji for the used drone purchasing chklist?
maybe they charge a fee for doing the evolution?

Hi everybody,

Is this your first drone? If so, I would recommend buying a new one with warranty, Refresh and State Farm.

Reactions: Thomas B and Elude
Is this your first drone? If so, I would recommend buying a new one with warranty, Refresh and State Farm.
thank you rob for sharing! i will always keep you in mind.
youve got to be an ace by now, collecting all the scenarios of mishaps and the most proficient means to ressurrect!
good post!

Reactions: Former Member
thank you rob for sharing! i will always keep you in mind.
youve got to be an ace by now, collecting all the scenarios of mishaps and the most proficient means to ressurrect!
good post!

True, I might be an ace at repairs, but what really makes me happy is to prevent people from crashing in the first place!

True, I might be an ace at repairs, but what really makes me happy is to prevent people from crashing in the first place!
yeah and no. even the best flyers slip
Consider cumulative hours, you'd side they edge over newbies
But what can occur over confidence to acquire that priceless moment of video, yup, even the best slip
That's when u come in.
The pro is the one never slipping.
It is rare because of the touring for priceless video, and the concomitant skills of familiarity with unfamiliarity.

a superior question is this: how do i career track accelerated pro stature and record success, and integrity?

yeah and no. even the best flyers slip
Consider cumulative hours, you'd side they edge over newbies
But what can occur over confidence to acquire that priceless moment of video, yup, even the best slip
That's when u come in.
The pro is the one never slipping.
It is rare because of the touring for priceless video, and the concomitant skills of familiarity with unfamiliarity.

a superior question is this: how do i career track accelerated pro stature and record success, and integrity?

Thats a difficult question.

i repair and build electronics, and realized power consumption is a biggy. fresh circuitry can exhibit gradual changes consuming power over the course of use. benchmarking that consume is great to fall back upon to compare when anomalies arise. either consume can increase or decrease, by the causation of circuitry component changing. change occurs why? because of material change. e.g., in a cap, pin holing can introduce dramatic changes, in a fet leakage at the channel junction can introduce dramatic changes, and here in honolulu a mere pinhead immersed in infinite pacific ocean salts, these chlorides seek residence and "bridge over" adjacent conductors, again wreaking havoc.

you'd need to measure the amperes requiring some inline interface at the battery. the pinouts are available and the battery will not be in the craft because of the intrude measurement.

i hope you understand that everything in mavic air drinks amperes from the 12volt intelligent flight battery, including internal circuitry of the battery performing supervision and feedback essentials

Thank you for all the information and your knowledge.

Hi photopro,
Thank you, I will be checking on the drone in person this upcoming week. Is there any way I can get the internal flight log information from his drone to look over and determine the specs and if there has been any crashes of any sort before I decide about buying a used drone

Unless it’s 400 or less there R a lot Mavic first gens are out there for heavy discounts, brand new. Sign up for a slick deal alert.

Unless it’s 400 or less there R a lot Mavic first gens are out there for heavy discounts, brand new. Sign up for a slick deal alert.

Well, I buy, sell, trade, and repair Mavics and I have never seen a used one going for less than $550 and a new one going for less than $600. I have sold more than I can remember. Of course, Im talking about honest sellers, whose drones have no skeletons in the closet and are in good working order. If I saw a used one for $400, I wouldnt buy it. There is something wrong with it.

If you can find them cheaper, please keep the forum up to date, and post a clickable link. Everyone would benefit from that.

Reactions: charliesRig

Have you ever seen the movie Billy Madison or read the book “The puppy who lost its way”?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803