DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Care fresh returns

Chalkey

Reactions
I recently damaged my m/air 2 & sent it off to the Netherlands under carefresh on 1/12/23 & received a new drone 4/12/23. All good. I am now getting emails with the heading UPS telling me that must pay duties & taxes"NOW to avoid paying extra charges, i bought the drone online from UK & live in north east of UK.
My question is, Do DJI pay the postage both ways ? Or do I have to pay for the return package ? I have tracked both packages which state both have been delivered. Being in my 60s & new to this I'am concerned this could be a scam ! As I was under the impression DJI paid both ways. If anyone with any experience of this & could enlighten me please I would most grateful.

Reactions: Cafguy
Was all the custom's paper work completed and, at a guess, signed when/before you sent the drone off?
DJI sort of the postage charge...meaning it is included in what you pay.
If the paperwork was correctly completed then there should be NO CUSTOM'S DUTY CHARGE, it's a repair service NOT an importation.
However, if the paperwork was incomplete or incorrectly filled in, the charges may be genuine.

That said I find it VERY ODD that UPS would release the drone PRIOR to payment of duty. Royal Mail certainly do not !!!!!! Just as a matter of interest do they CURRENTLY INCLUDE a duty collection fee?
RM charged £10+ last time I encountered this.

I would suggest you post this on DJI's own forum and their Mods might look into it for you.

It might also be an idea to contact HMRC but wait until others have commented on your situation and direct communication with HMRC.

If you contact UPS do so via an email address found on the UPS website DO NOT reply to the email itself.

My inclination is that it is a scam, I have read that DJI send out completed paperwork possibly bar a signature but you should be able to check that,
I assume the paperwork was emailed to you and you still have the email.

Last edited:
If you contact UPS do so via an email address found on the UPS website DO NOT reply to the email itself.
Exactly!
NEVER reply from inside the E-mail. Here in the U.S. If you owe any kind of fees you pay them or you do NOT get the product This all sounds like a scam to me too.
I purchase a few parts from china and I don't get them until all fees are paid in full.

Thankyou Yorkshire pud, contacted UPS, had to sign up & make account. There virtual assistant told me to put tracking number in & pess a large yellow button which say pay now, I have done exactly that but no yellow button just confirmation of delivery to me, date, time etc & that the parcel was handed to me in person.
I have left my phone number with them for any further communications. Will just sit this one out & see what happens. Totally lost when it comes to using the inernet so a big Thankyou for your help.

Exactly!
NEVER reply from inside the E-mail. Here in the U.S. If you owe any kind of fees you pay them or you do NOT get the product This all sounds like a scam to me too.
I purchase a few parts from china and I don't get them until all fees are paid in full.
Cheer Cafguy, hate the internet always worried about being scammed.

Thankyou Yorkshire pud, contacted UPS, had to sign up & make account. There virtual assistant told me to put tracking number in & pess a large yellow button which say pay now, I have done exactly that but no yellow button just confirmation of delivery to me, date, time etc & that the parcel was handed to me in person.
I have left my phone number with them for any further communications. Will just sit this one out & see what happens. Totally lost when it comes to using the inernet so a big Thankyou for your help.
post this story on the DJI forum Mini Series - DJI Products forum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13