DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with connecting Mavic to I phone 6s

dronerdave

Reactions
A friend (JD) just purchased a Mavic and is having a time trying to get the thing off the ground. I'm new to all of this and no nothing about my buddies I Phone. He downloaded the go4 app but when you try to lift off the props don't turn. The camera is on and shows video on his phone so there is some kind of connection. You can pan up and down. When hitting the slide to launch it acts like it's flying. When he first booted up there was a screen that said "simulator". What is that??? I did most of the necessary calibrations that I know of, made sure the Mavic was set to RC, and even re-paired the controller. Screen says ready to fly, GPS mode shows green and the command voice works. I plugged in my CS monitor and it said the aircraft needs an update to fly. Didn't try to fly it but I was able to manually fly it w/o a phone/monitor, so the thing will take off and it flew fine. It was also not setting the new home point position at first. Before I got the map to update the home position it said it was in a no fly zone and the map showed his house which is very near an airport but we were miles from there. My Mavic and another friend there had no issues with our aircraft.
I wasn't there when JD added the software on his phone. Are you supposed to register the package with DJI prior to flight? Do you need other software like assistant 2? I know mine required a couple of updates prior to first flight but there isn't any update notices coming up on his phone. Strange that it thinks it's flying. I selected the landing function and it claimed it was landing even though it was sitting on the landing pad.

Thanks for any help.
Dave

You need to login to the DJI app with a registered account or you won't be able to fly.

Reactions: jorn
Well I guess he had already registered with DJI. I downloaded the assistant 2 app and the Go-4 operated normally. He was a happy camper until his phone battery ran out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn