DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with video files

K7KY

Reactions
All my D_MP4 files are jerky, but D_LRF files run smoothly. I've tried numerous adjustments without success. I'm new to drone photography.

Sounds like your computer is not up to the task of playing the high quality files.

All my D_MP4 files are jerky, but D_LRF files run smoothly. I've tried numerous adjustments without success. I'm new to drone photography.
Check the codec and if it's H265 then you might want to try recording in H264.

Reactions: AeroJ
Yeah jerky video is a classic symptom of a computer not powerful enough to cope with that resolution of footage. And if it struggles playing it back, it'll REALLY struggle editing it. H.264 is an older, bigger but less computationally intense format than H.265, so it is worth giving that a go as lesser machines tend to do better with it.

What are your comp specs (Processor/VGA/ RAM) ?

AeroJ.... Thanks for the info. I began to wonder about my Iss a couple days back. It's a Toughbook CF-C2 Mk2. Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon. Intel© Core™ i5-4310U CPU @ 2.00GHz × 2. 8GB/Ram. Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller. Is my computer is too slow?

AeroJ.... Thanks for the info. I began to wonder about my Iss a couple days back. It's a Toughbook CF-C2 Mk2. Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon. Intel© Core™ i5-4310U CPU @ 2.00GHz × 2. 8GB/Ram. Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller. Is my computer is too slow?
I'm afraid so. 8 GB isn't really gonna cut it in the memory department by today's standards, you're running very slow CPUs and integrated graphics aren't ideal either !

For contrast, my desktop windows system is about the base level for editing 4K video, and is AMD Ryzen 3900X (12 core), 128 GB RAM, Nvidia 2070Super (16 GB VRAM).

iGPU and 8GB aren't a problem on their own but that 10 year old CPU is simply a couple of years too old to support hardware decoding of h.265, and is too weak to handle it in software.
As mentioned if you can set it to h.264 that'll work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inventoryahead0