DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!

Hi guys new here im just wondering if its safe to fly with 10-11 sats locked?

If you are flying with a good visual line of sight there should be no problem and you should pick up more Sats as you fly.

We take off with 8 many times but pick up more in flight .
Is that what your planning on doing ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

I'm planning to fly it to the beach which is I would probably say yes I just don't get what the meaning of sats locked if It will lose control the drone or signal etc Never done flying below 12 as AUV forecast says

Not a problem. Locked just means valid data is being received from the satellite and it can be used to help identify the position of the aircraft with data from the other satellites.

If you were to lose all satellite reception the aircraft will go into Attitude mode and can drift with the wind. You will lose the braking and hover stability you normally get with GPS. It may feel as if you have lost control but you haven’t - just takes more skill to control and bring home to the take-off location (Return to Home) relies on GPS.

Reactions: Gipper and bryan003
thanks skye thats very helpful and I understand what it means now thank you!
Basically all you have to do is trust your systems, DJI has taken out the guess work. If you get a "Green" on your App and Arm motors and use your manual or auto take off, if App reports home position set, check it on map, your golden. From there if you have any doubt take it about 100 foot straight up over launch point, pause to acquire more sats in hover and manually reset home point (Under your "Safety" Tab). Nothing to be concerned about if App reports Home point set at launch...or when you manually set it a tad later.

You also have precision landing system to further the home point to more precise landing. To enable that system for function. Do as outlined above but using ONLY the throttle stick (No other input) pause to hover at about 25 foot (8 meters) for about 5 seconds to allow it to take auto photos of launch point. From there climb out to gain more satellites if needed.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito