DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Henderson Fire Lookout Tower

2nckayakers

Reactions
Third in my series of Fire Lookout Towers. It was a really windy and cold day so it jumps a little. You can see how windy at 1:29 if you look at the antennas moving. I had one heck of a time with the wind.

Well done, nice shots. What really surprised myself is just how interesting the seemingly ordinary everyday objects are when viewed through the mavic’s lens Most folks would pass this by everyday without so much as a second thought. Thanks for sharing

Any reason why they used 99'9" as a design?

Very nice! I like the way you added the text to provide additional information. Thanks for sharing!

Any reason why they used 99'9" as a design?
Really don't have a clue. Aermotor, the company that built most of these types of towers had odd heights. This model came in 33' (4 flites, 44 steps); 45'9" (5 flites, 61 steps); 59'3" (79 steps); 79'6" (8 flites, 97 steps); 99'9" (9 flites,133 steps). Also a few dozen were 120' tall; and the tallest, 176 feet.

I am not really the fire tower expert, we just had a couple near the house and I thought it would be a good subject to practice flying around a fixed tower type object. After the first one I did a little research and found out how many we had left in the State and decided to try and fly as many as I could. I have only flown over 4 so far of the 120 we have left. I have posted videos of 3 of them on my Youtube channel. The forth I am still editing. I have been and scouted out three more but the weather was horrible when I looked at them so I didn't fly. This one was sketchy as it was really windy and cold, but I chanced it anyway and it turned out decent.

Interesting,.. we have the same style here in Florida as well and I use to pass some on the way to work. As an aside- to gain my skill set I practiced flying in a circle around a subject. My goal was to keep the camera focused on the point of interest. It requires using both stix at the same time and usually in different directions.

Interesting,.. we have the same style here in Florida as well and I use to pass some on the way to work. As an aside- to gain my skill set I practiced flying in a circle around a subject. My goal was to keep the camera focused on the point of interest. It requires using both stix at the same time and usually in different directions.
I do all my flying by stick. I very rarely use any special flight modes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu