DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here is my trip to the beach, Any tips on uploading to youtube in 4K?

7demo7

Reactions
Here is the video, not in 4k,,, I've had success in the past but recently the videos would pop up as 1080p instead of 4K, what am I doing wrong?

Here is the video, not in 4k,,, I've had success in the past but recently the videos would pop up as 1080p instead of 4K, what am I doing wrong?

It is in 4k. YouTube just needs a bit of time after you've uploaded to complete processing of all available resolutions.

Gorgeous location by the way Thumbswayup

It is in 4k. YouTube just needs a bit of time after you've uploaded to complete processing of all available resolutions.

Gorgeous location by the way Thumbswayup

Maybe its my internet connection that won't let it play in 4k... On my end it still says 1080...'
Thanks, I'm lucky to live not far from this location,,, always great video.!

Reactions: Robothamster
Maybe its my internet connection that won't let it play in 4k... On my end it still says 1080...'
Thanks, I'm lucky to live not far from this location,,, always great video.!
Do you have a 4K monitor to watch it on? I thought Youtube would only allow resolutions up to the maximum of your monitor. I can watch videos on my 1080p monitor in Youtube, where 4K isn't an option, but when I move to the HTPC on my 4K TV, the 4K options are available in Youtube.

Do you have a 4K monitor to watch it on? I thought Youtube would only allow resolutions up to the maximum of your monitor. I can watch videos on my 1080p monitor in Youtube, where 4K isn't an option, but when I move to the HTPC on my 4K TV, the 4K options are available in Youtube.

Sorry, just proved myself wrong. Was able to select a 4K video from my 1080p monitor.

I can confirm that it does take a fair while longer for Youtube to prepare a 4K video, though, with the lower resolutions being available sooner.

Sorry, just proved myself wrong. Was able to select a 4K video from my 1080p monitor.

I can confirm that it does take a fair while longer for Youtube to prepare a 4K video, though, with the lower resolutions being available sooner.
I have a 27" iMac with the 5k screen...

Sometimes if you are watching via Safari it will only give you a 1080p version. trying watching on Chrome and see if that gives you 4K

You're right, I watched in Safari and only got the option of 1080P but when I switched to Chrome the top choice was 2160P even although my monitor tops out at 1080P. Interestingly enough it did somehow seem clearer? Was impressed that my 2014 Mac Mini coped with it and played it beautifully, that may be down to my monitor not being 4K?

You're right, I watched in Safari and only got the option of 1080P but when I switched to Chrome the top choice was 2160P even although my monitor tops out at 1080P. Interestingly enough it did somehow seem clearer? Was impressed that my 2014 Mac Mini coped with it and played it beautifully, that may be down to my monitor not being 4K?

Yep I think it was mentioned somewhere that Youtube is optimised for Chrome and not Safari for the 4K viewing.

Reactions: Kenny.j
If you watch a 4K stream on a 1080p monitor it'll look slightly better (most times) because of 2 reasons, 1st the larger image is supersampled to fit the smaller resolution and 2nd the 4k streams tend to have higher bit rates.

These help contribute to more detail and slightly sharper image on a 1080p screen, assuming you're sitting close enough to notice.

Reactions: Kenny.j
With Smart TV you generally don't seem to see the resolution options higher than your TV can use.
I have a smaller smart TV in a bedroom and it's only 720p - you don't see 1080p never mind anything higher.
This is probably an app feature so if you used the browser it would go higher.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78