DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey all, new 'pilot' from Ireland here.

Doesn't sound normal unless the battery wasn't fully charged to begin with. The remote battery should last much longer than the air batteries. I know when I first bought mine, there were several updates that it required, and therefore used up some battery power. Once those updated were done, any further updates were quick and took up minimal battery juice. Remember also that each battery needs to be checked for firmware updates as well and the UAV and remote control.
if u are using range extenders what one are the best the ones that slide on over the antennas on the control or the ones that replaces the antennas

i got the mavic air fly more combo and i was wondering is it normal to use up a battery on the drone and controller on updates alone

Hi fitzy, Welcome. I turned on my Mavic2 and controller the other day for the first time with both fully charged. It took quite a while to do all the updates. Afterwards, the drone was at around 85% and the controller was 92% I know this is different than the air but that seems like a lot. How long roughly did it take to complete the downloading & updates? Updating the drone took the longest for me at around 12 mins, downloading took about 3 mins, and the controller took less than 2 mins to update.

Hi fitzy, Welcome. I turned on my Mavic2 and controller the other day for the first time with both fully charged. It took quite a while to do all the updates. Afterwards, the drone was at around 85% and the controller was 92% I know this is different than the air but that seems like a lot. How long roughly did it take to complete the downloading & updates? Updating the drone took the longest for me at around 12 mins, downloading took about 4 mins, and the controller took less than 2 mins to update.
thanks all in it took an hour for the updates on the drone and controller iam using my s6 edge for the screen i am think of changing to a tablet and getting range extenders but not sure on what range extenders to get

are you all up to date now with the firmware for the drone, batteries and RC?
ya I have all the updates done for the drone controller and batteries and I did a range test yesterday I got 1919 feet when I lost signal and I got it back again with out moving the drone

if u are using range extenders what one are the best the ones that slide on over the antennas on the control or the ones that replaces the antennas
I bought these about a week ago, although to be honest, I haven't used them much yet as I don't have much open area near me so I couldn't give an opinion as to whether they work or not. I've read that the ones that replace the antennas do extend the range much further. I'm sure if you search the forum you will get the answer you are looking for as there are ones who are much more qualified to address that than I am.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073CVQB5G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ya I have all the updates done for the drone controller and batteries and I did a range test yesterday I got 1919 feet when I lost signal and I got it back again with out moving the drone

Seems like you should be getting much better range than that. Perhaps electrical interference, or Line-of-Sight blocked? Are the antennas vertical? You can also check the WiFi channel (2.4/5.8) it's on as ones that are being heavily used by other devices in your area can diminish the range.

Hi everyone,
Just got my first drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) and took some footage from around my neighbourhood. I clipped the top of a tree in my garden as I came into land and ended up with a few bruises. The drone got a few scratches also :)

John.
Howdy from Wyoming @ClearZ , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2Z, Fly safe and have fun!

hi all iam just wondering what tablet will work with my mavic air as i have been offered two samsung tablets is it just the ipads or all tablets work with the dji go 4 app

Hi all I am just worried is there any u can get use the experience points u build up on the dji go 4 app and can someone explain the experience points and levels of it to me as I am level 12 Screenshot_20181027-205904.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569