DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey need the best as affordable range extender for my Mavic air.

heydave23

Reactions
I see s lot of prop le are liking the 4hawks raptor sr. Is this a good choice? Or is there a better one?

Reactions: mad monkey
What country are you flying in? If not the USA, have you applied the FCC ‘hack’?
That gives you a totally free and easily applied range extension

Since a Mavic Pro is uglier than dog crap and you're like me and would never own one, the best budget range extender for the money is one of these. Really.
Range Extender

Bought that same exact one, based in part on this post. Back to back testing showed I got about 300-600ft shorter range. :(

I like those in theory, but it ruins alot of the fold down portability of the air. I travel with mine a lot, and like that he flymore case can carry everything I need, including 4 batteries, without taking up much space.

Reactions: W2EJ and Samphotom
I have the fly more what I really didn't like is how the case is built to not hold the MA in its protective case. I love that custom moulded case!
I also enjoy portability so I have a second controller for that reason

Reactions: Taddeo
Bought that same exact one, based in part on this post. Back to back testing showed I got about 300-600ft shorter range. :(
Hmmm,

I use these on my Spark and the range is much better and less video breakup. You do need to make sure they are positioned correctly on the antennas and also they are more directional so I monitor the signal strength and adjust accordingly.

Since a Mavic Pro is uglier than dog crap and you're like me and would never own one, the best budget range extender for the money is one of these. Really.
Range Extender
I have that and find that it does help in busy wifi situations. I go from 1500ft to 2000ft before the video signal becomes unusable. Best of all it fits in the flymore case perfectly.

I want the 4hawks in theory but I hate the fact that it is a permanent change and doesn't allow for the portability that I need which is why I have the air in the first place. I bought and have some success with this... https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-...-Transmitter/dp/B073CVQB5G?tag=mavicpilots-20

My testing shows about a 25% increase in busy wifi areas which is where I was struggling. I went from 1300-1500ft max before signal loss to 2000ft-2400ft in the same exact area and while not amazing, it puts me in the usable range with LoS so I'm happy. Best of all, it is exactly the same size as a battery so it fits perfectly in the flymore case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest