DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi-Aerial New Mavic Pro product and 30% off (new hoods) sale this month only.

Hi All...I bought a Hi-Aerial hood from Mike. He went above and beyond to expedite the shipment.
In the past, I struggled to see anything on my monitor. I even bought a Nexus 7 2013 2nd generation, which is supposedly the brightest tablet. The tablet made very little difference.
I studied on hoodman vs. Hi-aerial. I preferred the floor of the Hi-Aerial, and the self contained magnets to keep it together. For me this seems better than the velcro and buckles for the hoodman.
In the end, with the extension on the Hi-aerial, the view of my monitor is fantastic. So much so that as soon as I get my bird in the air my face is in the monitor. Soooo much better. Before the Hi-aerial, I had to fly with the bird in sight.
Thought you all could benefit from my experience.
BTW...I almost bought the Crystalsky monitor offered by DJI. The problem is the price, and for the more affordable phone size version, it's only twice as bright as the phone. I couldn't see jack on my phone, or tablet, so twice as bright as no good is what?
Anyway, I can fly in the afternoon now, and get the blue waters instead of the green waters of early morning, which was the only time I could see the monitor; previously.
In the interest of full disclosure, I fly a P3S. One day I'll have the Mavic, but for now, it will have to wait.

Hi All...I bought a Hi-Aerial hood from Mike. He went above and beyond to expedite the shipment.
In the past, I struggled to see anything on my monitor. I even bought a Nexus 7 2013 2nd generation, which is supposedly the brightest tablet. The tablet made very little difference.
I studied on hoodman vs. Hi-aerial. I preferred the floor of the Hi-Aerial, and the self contained magnets to keep it together. For me this seems better than the velcro and buckles for the hoodman.
In the end, with the extension on the Hi-aerial, the view of my monitor is fantastic. So much so that as soon as I get my bird in the air my face is in the monitor. Soooo much better. Before the Hi-aerial, I had to fly with the bird in sight.
BTW...I almost bought the Crystalsky monitor offered by DJI. The problem is the price, and for the more affordable phone size version, it's only twice as bright as the phone. I couldn't see jack on my phone, or tablet, so twice as bright as no good is what?
Anyway, I can fly in the afternoon now, and get the blue waters instead of the green waters of early morning, which was the only time I could see the monitor; previously.
In the interest of full disclosure, I fly a P3S. One day I'll have the Mavic, but for now, it will have to wait.

Thank you Drone On. I am so happy that you are loving your new hood. I tried so many different hoods and have quite a collection in my basement of hoods that just did not cut out the light and glare. I searched out Hi-Aerial and when I first used it I knew it would be a winner. We have a 100% guarantee that if customers do not like it they can send it back for a refund but we have never had one returned.

And yet, no one seems able to post a fully-outfitted picture... o_O

Sorry guys, I had an email from Hi-Aerial in China that their shipments of the new aluminum bracket are held up at customs for some reason or another. This is not an excuse, it's the truth. I am sure we can extend the sale to compensate for this unexpected delay.

Last edited:
If/when you create a Mavic holder and/or hood that will fit a Nexus 7 2013, please advise!
Can you give me the dimensions of your Nexus 7 I can check and see if one of our hoods will work. I know the Samsung Galaxy works with our hood but I'm happy to see if the Nexus will also.

Can you give me the dimensions of your Nexus 7 I can check and see if one of our hoods will work. I know the Samsung Galaxy works with our hood but I'm happy to see if the Nexus will also.
Sure: it's 4.5" x 7.875" by my measure - factory specs are 200 mm × 114 mm × 8.65 mm (7.87 in × 4.49 in × 0.34 in)

A recurring problem is that many hoods/holders are either too small (just for phones) or too large (for large tablets), and as near as I can tell none of these are designed to fit the Mavic controller.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I had an email from Hi-Aerial in China that their shipments of the new aluminum bracket are held up at customs for some reason or another. This is not an excuse, it's the truth. I am sure we can extend the sale to compensate for this unexpected delay.
Oh, I believe you, and don't feel you are being anything but sincere. I just don't buy anything "sight unseen", and until I see how a tablet actually mounted with the thing looks, how it blocks (or doesn't) the RC display, etc., I ain't buying :D

I have news and a tracking number that my brackets are on their way to me in Canada. Just as soon as they arrive I will post pictures Chicken Luis. I'm also pleased that Hi-Aerial have extended the sale for the month of July with 30% off their brilliant Apple iPhone & iPad sun shades. Trust me when I say these work fantastic for very bright light conditions. When your face is in the top of the shade it's darn near 100% glare/reflection free.

Here is what DroneOn recently posted:

Hi-Aerial's
New Aluminum Tablet Bracket
I now have brackets in stock and today I took some pictures of one with my iPad Air 2. My wife has a new iPad Mini 4 but she took it to Toronto for a weeks training course and so I could only show it at this time. Upon her return I'll hook it up the iPad Mini 4.

The MA07 bracket only is $39.99 (inc shipping). Made with 6061 aluminum and weighing in at under 100g
The MA07A Is the bracket and the DJI tablet holder together and is $69.99 (inc shipping).​
1s.jpg 2s.jpg 5s.jpg 6s.jpg 7s.jpg

Hi-Aerial Apple hoods will remain 30% off for the remainder of the month!

Reactions: JamieK
And yet, no one seems able to post a fully-outfitted picture... o_O
So true!
For a thread that's about something we should be seeing, what on earth is it?
Is it beyond the sellers ability to post some pics of what it is, fitted to whatever it fits to, doing what it's supposed to do - please

Looks like no reply to my post #28 about a hood to fit the Nexus 7, so I'll assume that's a dead issue.
A good one, that really fits well, would capture the market because there are NONE like that. Hoods for Apple products are everywhere; lots of competition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet