DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi all from wales (Swansea)

leyman65

Reactions
Hi all I'm Dean from Swansea.

So it looks like Santa aka the Mrs. has decided I am on the very good list this year and has bought me a shiny new Mavic air 2 for Christmas.

It's been a few years since I got rid of my parrot bebop, and so much has changed :eek: . really looking forward to getting it in the air and already on google maps scoping out locations. luckily wales has no shortage of them lol.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Pro or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Wales. Whenever you need help, there are over 120,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer. Glad to have you as a member!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/avic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

You've got some fabulous areas of the Gower to fly around there (just avoid 3 cliffs bay and the airport no fly zones..).
Days of fun flying around the peninsula before heading inland to the hills.

Make sure you use NATs Drone Assist and/or the altitude angel website for no-fly zones and do NOT rely on DJIs own map for your area (DJI doesnt even think Swansea airport exists yet alone Pembrey etc).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

DJI still doesnt have it as a no-fly zone:Screenshot 2020-12-04 225053.png

Whereas NATs/Altitude Angel shows the real state of play:-
Screenshot 2020-12-04 225220.png

Also isn't aware of NOTAMs or temporary restrictions.

Ultimately its no problem but dont rely on Airmap or DJI to tell you where you cant/can fly in that area - there are lots of exceptions.
That said if you're clear the Gower and further west has some stunning places to fly. I go down that way quite a bit for that very reason.

DJI still doesnt have it as a no-fly zone:View attachment 118507

Whereas NATs/Altitude Angel shows the real state of play:-
View attachment 118508

Also isn't aware of NOTAMs or temporary restrictions.

Ultimately its no problem but dont rely on Airmap or DJI to tell you where you cant/can fly in that area - there are lots of exceptions.
That said if you're clear the Gower and further west has some stunning places to fly. I go down that way quite a bit for that very reason.
I'm with you now, I can see its just a warning on dji not a no fly zone. Bet that's caught a few out down there.

Welcome to the forum! :)

So it looks like Santa aka the Mrs. has decided I am on the very good list this year and has bought me a shiny new Mavic air 2 for Christmas.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18