DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from AB

New2piloting

Reactions
Hi everyone.

Summary:
Ordered Snaptain SP650 then cancelled it.
Ordered a mini 2 then cancelled/returned it.
Ordered a Air 2 and now anxiously anticipating it's arrival Tuesday.

Edit, apparently I don't know what I'm doing. I posted a intro and then couldn't find it, but now I can. Even my message count was at 0 so I thought it was deleted. My bad

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Summary:

Edit, apparently I don't know what I'm doing. I posted a intro and then couldn't find it, but now I can. Even my message count was at 0 so I thought it was deleted. My bad
LOL, glad you finally made your mind. I think you'll be very happy with the MA2. Enjoy and welcome to the forum. :)

Hi everyone.

Summary:

It’s all good I deleted it,was hung up.
Welcome to the forum ?

Hi New2piloting Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Air 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi everyone.

Summary:

Hello fellow Calgarian, welcome to the forum. Have fun.
Cheers,
Rex

I am in the NW and currently have a Mini 2 but have only flown indoors at home so far. Still need to get my logs and checklists sorted before flying outside. Though I know it's not required for the mini 2 I plan to get my advanced RPAS license and get into something bigger.
I use a great app called
I am in the NW and currently have a Mini 2 but have only flown indoors at home so far. Still need to get my logs and checklists sorted before flying outside. Though I know it's not required for the mini 2 I plan to get my advanced RPAS license and get into something bigger.
I use a great app called RPAS WILCO for my site surveys, checklists and flight logs. It’s all you need and it’s free.

I had a look at a number of Apps though most had paywall and or were cloud-hosted. I have set up my own documentation server and web editable forms to log everything that can be exported as PDFs and placed in a binder for my records.

I also collected a number of free android apps that I use to get various things such as NOTAMs, weather conditions, monitor air traffic on a map, and also listen to ATC (until I get another radio as I sold my last one years ago).

I had a look at a number of Apps though most had paywall and or were cloud-hosted. I have set up my own documentation server and web editable forms to log everything that can be exported as PDFs and placed in a binder for my records.

I also collected a number of free android apps that I use to get various things such as NOTAMs, weather conditions, monitor air traffic on a map, and also listen to ATC (until I get another radio as I sold my last one years ago).
As an old fart that only flies as a hobby. In doing so, if there are good apps out there that meet my requirements, I’m happy to use them. Another good app I like is UAV forecast.
Cheers,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan