DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Glasgow, Scotland. And first question....

KennyH

Reactions
Hi all

I'm a new Mavic Pro owner from near Glasgow in Scotland.

I got it last week and have had circa 20 flights now; really enjoying it.

I have previously built and flown fixed wing R/C aircraft and I'm loving the ability of just letting it hover if I want a few seconds break!

I bought it primarily to do video/photography of landscapes and also my boat (hopefully underway).

I expect to do a lot of over water flights, as well as launch/recovery onto my boat.

Any top tips for ensuring it doesn't drop in the drink?

Thanks all in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Most popular is to turn off Landing Protection.
Most agree but others have not had a problem.
If Landing Protection is off the downward sensors won't get confused about the distance away the sea is. Otherwise could go into a forced Landing if you are flying low
Other point is to watch your Drone and not get fixated on the screen, easy to fly too low if you do that.
If you are doing hand launch and catch this makes it easier to catch as the LP won't kick in when your hand is under it.

Reactions: FantasticMrF
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere ;)

hi there , i know its a bit off topic, but i lost my mavic pro in highlands , unfortunately, due to crashing to a tree....
i am heading to Glasgow and wanna buy a new one, can you give me idea where can i find one in Glasgow?
tks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN