DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Long Island, New York

MikeJc1955

Reactions
Very little drone experience with toy drones, which I drowned in my swimming pool!
Made the leap to Mavic 2 Pro, and it it is a fantastic piece of technology.
Taking it slow, want to do this right. No more drowned drone!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the Sunshine State of Florida!

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander!

I'd also guess that with all the green you're out in eastern Suffolk County. I'm in western Suffolk in between the controlled airspace for FRG and ISP so I can fly from my backyard although there isn't much to look at but houses and industrial parks :).

Enjoy the new Mavic!

Judging from the pic you must be out east?
The term out east is subjective, this is above my back yard, Medford - by exit 65 LIE.
Out East to me starts at Westhampton for the South Fork and Riverhead for the North Fork.
It is so unbelievable the perspective you get from an elevated viewpoint. My wife didn’t believe me when I told her this pic was from our back yard, that is 175 feet above our back yard.

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander!

I'd also guess that with all the green you're out in eastern Suffolk County. I'm in western Suffolk in between the controlled airspace for FRG and ISP so I can fly from my backyard although there isn't much to look at but houses and industrial parks :).

Enjoy the new Mavic!
Thanks and I am already feeling more confidence to take more challenging excursions.
I am planning going to Bald Hill in Farmingville and shoot the amphitheater and maybe the Memorial on Rt. 83.
Maybe I’ll see you aroundThumbswayup

Yep. I qualify as “out east”! Quick edit using go4 app. which I can't upload for some reason. I need to find the allowable extensions so heres a picture instead! Welcome from an East Ender!!

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Just an F
Thanks and I am already feeling more confidence to take more challenging excursions.
I am planning going to Bald Hill in Farmingville and shoot the amphitheater and maybe the Memorial on Rt. 83.
Maybe I’ll see you aroundThumbswayup
Just an FYI that if you're next to Sachem East High School you'll be within the controlled airspace of Islip Airport by about 1/4 mile. You'll want to stay northeast of that area to remain outside of their controlled airspace. If you want to be sure about your location and avoid any airspace issues download Airmaps. It will provide detailed information on your location and any airspace restrictions.

Just an F

Just an FYI that if you're next to Sachem East High School you'll be within the controlled airspace of Islip Airport by about 1/4 mile. You'll want to stay northeast of that area to remain outside of their controlled airspace. If you want to be sure about your location and avoid any airspace issues download Airmaps. It will provide detailed information on your location and any airspace restrictions.
I am east of Sachem, and outside of the 5 mile limit, but I am restricted to 150’ directly over my property.
I use Airmaps APP.
Can you get LAANC Authorization through the AirMap app?

Yes, you can LAANC authorization through Airmap. I've only done it under 107 but I believe they are set-up to provide it for recreational flights also.

Welcome to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok