DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Montréal, Quebec Canada.

MotionCamera

Reactions
Finally decided to add a drone to my camera kit, after flying a Tello for a year for fun. Starting with a Mavic Mini and we shall she where it goes. My first flying experience with the Mini saw it get (what I have been told) jammed/gps spoofed. It flew off after displaying conditions that did not exist, it reported signal issue when it was more than 25 meters from me and promptly went to the RTH altitude and sped off and crashed I assume after running out of battery in the middle of an ocean channel. This all took place on a beach, near a house that is often rented to celebrities for $20K a night in the Turks and Caicos.
All of this to say I have not given up and will look forward to reading and learning in this excellent group.
Cheers
Brian

Hate that happened to you .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Finally decided to add a drone to my camera kit, after flying a Tello for a year for fun. Starting with a Mavic Mini and we shall she where it goes. My first flying experience with the Mini saw it get (what I have been told) jammed/gps spoofed. It flew off after displaying conditions that did not exist, it reported signal issue when it was more than 25 meters from me and promptly went to the RTH altitude and sped off and crashed I assume after running out of battery in the middle of an ocean channel. This all took place on a beach, near a house that is often rented to celebrities for $20K a night in the Turks and Caicos.
All of this to say I have not given up and will look forward to reading and learning in this excellent group.
Cheers
Brian
Sorry to hear that. Still, welcome.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will be back up in the air again soon.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss. We look forward to your contributions when your up and flying and sharing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Cheers
Brian
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Oh yes provo I have been there 3 times ,it is quite windy there, great beach.Do you think the wind had anything to do with the fly away?

Oh yes provo I have been there 3 times ,it is quite windy there, great beach.Do you think the wind had anything to do with the fly away?
It was so calm the a couple of catamarans were as the sailors say "in irons' out several hundred meters. The reason I was on the beach was to shoot two models walking by very calm and turquoise water on a white sand beach. The drone shots were just part of the "shoot". Apparently many of the owners and operators of the mansions for rent have installed jamming devices to prevent the paparazzi from annoying their high paying celebrity guests. This info came to me from an owner who had two high profile hockey players and their families renting his mansion over the Christmas holidays and they were constantly being flown over by drones. He has since installed equipment, though he was not will to share what kind it was and just said it was expensive and would do the job.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki