DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from New Zealand

Scotttnz

Reactions
I thought I better introduce myself. I got my first drone a week ago, a Mavic Pro fly more combo. I'm an amateur photographer, with no interest in video, so I bought it to enable me to explore interesting angles and compositions that I can't get with my regular camera gear. I live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I was put off buying a drone for a long time by New Zealand drone laws, but now that I understand them more fully, and I know that I can fly in most public places near where I live I went ahead and bought one.

I'm fortunate to have a council owned park\sports field 50 metres from my house, which was perfect for test flights. These shots are from my second flight. 5 bracketed raw files blended in Aurora HDR.
DJI_0101.jpeg
DJI_0034.jpeg
Yesterday I took my 3rd flight, a bit further afield. I got this shot before wind velocity warnings bought me back to ground.
DJI_0151.jpeg
There seems to be a bit of lens flare from the sun going down to the left. I've got a Pgytech lens hood to try, but it is raining today, so will have to wait.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Beautiful Shots! Enjoy the Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

I thought I better introduce myself. I got my first drone a week ago, a Mavic Pro fly more combo. I'm an amateur photographer, with no interest in video, so I bought it to enable me to explore interesting angles and compositions that I can't get with my regular camera gear. I live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I was put off buying a drone for a long time by New Zealand drone laws, but now that I understand them more fully, and I know that I can fly in most public places near where I live I went ahead and bought one.

I'm fortunate to have a council owned park\sports field 50 metres from my house, which was perfect for test flights. These shots are from my second flight. 5 bracketed raw files blended in Aurora HDR.
View attachment 38811
View attachment 38810
Yesterday I took my 3rd flight, a bit further afield. I got this shot before wind velocity warnings bought me back to ground.
View attachment 38809
There seems to be a bit of lens flare from the sun going down to the left. I've got a Pgytech lens hood to try, but it is raining today, so will have to wait.
Howdy from Wyoming @Scotttnz , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+