DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from North Queensland.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi, I am getting a bit aged, and have been flying rc planes for many years, also FPV drones. Just purchased a Mavic Mini, and have now got it sorted out, sorta ... I fly mainly at the Ingham Airport, which is an unregulated strip, but an authorised zone. I have finally worked out how to get authority and have made my first video of a flight over Ingham, farthest distance 1.3 kms. Even tho the Mini is only 2.7k, it is a really good picture. I was considering upgrading to a Mini 2, but for the time being, the Mini seems to be quite satisfactory ... cheers to all, Dave.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Hi, I am getting a bit aged, and have been flying rc planes for many years, also FPV drones. Just purchased a Mavic Mini, and have now got it sorted out, sorta ... I fly mainly at the Ingham Airport, which is an unregulated strip, but an authorised zone. I have finally worked out how to get authority and have made my first video of a flight over Ingham, farthest distance 1.3 kms. Even tho the Mini is only 2.7k, it is a really good picture. I was considering upgrading to a Mini 2, but for the time being, the Mini seems to be quite satisfactory ... cheers to all, Dave.
Hi Suzygs1000 from the Sunny Coast.
I assume you're also into bikes, given your tag.
If you've flown RC for years in Ingham, you'll probably know my older brother TJ, long term flying enthusiast, engineer, pilot, rider...
Re: Mini vs Mini 2, my mate has a Mini and it does a good job for the price. I recently bought my first drone and jumped on the Mini 2 (just before the Mini 3 release). The MM2 is a little more stable in winds, has a better camera, and is a little quieter, but is more $$. Either one is good. My brother has a Spark and it has some good qualities too. In any case, you'll enjoy the Mini, it's a cracking little unit.

Hi Dave
Thanks for sharing. As a “banana bender” can you confirm you are able to fly in National Parks in QLD if you comply with common sense rules on people and wildlife etc. planning a caravan trip from Perth in the near future.
Sorry, I am not sure, but the rules governing drones in Qld are fairly liberal, and I doubt there would be any restrictions at national parks, especially considering the great proportion of our state that they cover ....
Yeh, you're right .... had a Suzuki dealership for a number of years ... not sure about the TJ though .... he may not have been a regular ... quite a few guys we only see a couple of times a year ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian